This role will be supported by a £12,000 relocation allowance.
Consultant Psychiatrist General Adult Community Psychiatry - Sudbury and Haverhill Enhanced Recovery Team
Specialty - General Adult Psychiatry
We are seeking a consultant psychiatrist to join our Adult Community Pathway providing clinical leadership and consultant psychiatry expertise to the Sudbury and Haverhill Enhanced Recover Team. The team includes our new primary care clinicians and staff providing a secondary care community service. The team receives referrals from 8 General Practices that make up the 3 Primary Care Networks in this area.
Full and part time roles considered.
Main duties of the job
This post is based in Sudbury Community Health Centre in Sudbury. Clinical work will take place here and at the Haverhill Health Centre but may also take place in another Trust location or other community destinations such as at service user's home or one of the GP surgeries.
The service provides Primary Care Services for those from 18 and Secondary care service for adults age 25-70 years of age residing in the Sudbury and Haverhill catchment area. The team receives referrals from the 8 General Practices that make up the 3 Primary Care Networks.
The primary care clinicians work closely and collaboratively alongside other health, social care, voluntary and community stakeholders in assessing, signposting and providing time limited intervention to those presenting with mental health needs in primary care. For those individuals requiring specialist secondary care support the team provides a suite of evidence based interventions.
The post holder will provide clinical leadership to the community team and work collaboratively with all MDT members. The role provides advice and guidance to colleagues in Primary Care although main clinical duties will be with the secondary care team providing clinical assessment and reviews of patients in discussion with the team, especially patients thought to be at high risk, those presenting with complex problems or those with diagnostic uncertainty. The post holder will provide psychiatry expertise to those in the age range 25-70 years of age.
Why work with us?
- Relocation allowance / removal benefit
- Protected time of 2.5 SPA per week (pro rata)
- Friendly Colleagues
- Encouragement and support for areas of special interest
- Subsidised gyms and free physio service
- We have a strong education reputation and close ties with both The University of Cambridge and The University of East Anglia
- Well established county wide teaching program
- Access and encouragement to partake in research and a well-established research network within the Trust
- Support for Quality Improvement, Audit and Service development
- Study leave budget of £600 annually.
- Forward thinking, clinically lead and innovative trust
- Flexibility can be considered for a degree of remote working
This post is to provide clinical leadership and psychiatric expertise for the Sudbury and Haverhill Enhanced Recovery Team
To work collaboratively with colleagues in the community team, the wards, crisis and liaison services for adults to provide a seamless pathway
Full Job Description attached
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved Clinician Status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills