This role will be supported by a £12,000 relocation allowance.
NSFT CFYP service basically tore up the rule book and asked young people what they wanted. The result is a very interesting service which is truly patient-centred. Wendy Burn, RCPsych President
Our CAMHS Learning Disability Service are looking for a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to provide clinical care to young people with learning disabilities in Suffolk with clinical lead responsibility across under 18 Learning Disability service.
We need someone who can lead by example by being part of the Clinical leadership team for the Learning Disability Services across Suffolk in order to deliver high quality care to patients and their families.
Main duties of the job
The team provides a dedicated service for children and young people with learning disabilities, where there are concerns about their behaviour and / or mental health and consists of Nurses, Psychiatry and Psychology, a Behaviour Therapist and Support Workers. We work closely with multiple outside agencies such as school, colleges and social care. Constantly seeking to improve the service we offer there is scope for service-wide and professional development.
What we can offer is a unique opportunity to balance your life with your work and have a voice that is truly heard. We take a flexible approach to work, working from home is easy to arrange and we understand that other aspects of life can conflict with more traditional working hours.
Creative thinking is encouraged. The expectation we have is for all our Consultants to work autonomously and to think about how the service can continue to improve, we have a can-do culture.
Why work with us?
- Up to £12k relocation expenses
- Access to £600 per annum professional development budget
- Dedicated SPA time of up to 25% of working hours
- Paid study leave (on application and approval) in addition to CPD
- Potential of extra PA for DCC with requisite pay per PA
- Ability to apply for Clinical Excellence Awards
- Inclusion on the Consultant on-call rota for the higher level with 3%, 5% or 8% requisite pay depending on frequency
- NHS benefits package including contributory pension, redundancy. Including paid annual leave, sick leave and maternity leave.
- Appraisals and revalidation completed by the Trust
Less than 2 hours from London (yet a world away in terms of house prices and cost of living) and serviced by excellent transport links, Suffolk retains a strong local identity and with that a strong sense of community. Set in some of the most beautiful countryside in the country in which a few minutes' drive takes you to a wonderful coast line or deep within a beautiful forest.
We will inspire you and support you to achieve your very full potential. This could be talking at international conferences, pursuing additional areas of study and research or developing your leadership skills to be one of leaders of the future.
Don't just take our word for it, come visit us, meet the team and see why our trainees come and stay and how we invest in our people.
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approved under the Mental Health Act (MHA)
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills