LOCUM CONSULTANT POST IN RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Respiratory department at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with a new fixed term consultant post available pending substantive appointment. This position will complement the existing team of eight full time NHS consultants, six part time NHS consultants and one nurse consultant.
This is a locum position for 6 months and we welcome all suitable qualified applicants.
Main duties of the job
All consultants, including the new appointees, will be expected to be involved in implementing the Trust's Clinical Governance programme. This includes active participation in clinical audit, quality, clinical guidelines/pathways, professional development, appraisal and risk management. This will be included in the candidate's job plan.
The appointees will share office space, band 3 and band 4 admin staff with other consultant colleagues in the Department of Respiratory Medicine and will be mentored by one of the existing Respiratory consultants.
The appointees will share with the other respiratory consultants:
- On call duties
- In-patient duties
- Attendance at appropriate MDT meetings
- Undergraduate and post-graduate medical teaching
- Clinical and educational supervision of junior doctors
- Departmental management duties
- Support of clinical research
All consultants, including the appointee, will be expected to be involved in implementing the Trust's Clinical Governance programme. This includes active participation in clinical audit, quality, clinical guidelines/pathways, professional development, appraisal and risk management.
Our department provides expertise in sleep medicine, ventilation, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, lung cancer/pleural medicine, tuberculosis, emphysema, interstitial lung disease (ILD) and difficult asthma. There are weekly multi-disciplinary meetings in lung cancer and ILD. There is a monthly ILD meeting including histopathology
Please read the attached detailed job description and main responsibilities and information about our hospital
- Full registration with GMC with license to practice
- Training and experience CCT in respiratory and general internal medicine
- Wide experience of Respiratory Medicine
- Able to work under pressure. Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team and of balancing clinical, management and other duties
- Enthusiasm for teaching, research and service development