This role will be supported by a £12,000 relocation allowance
We have an opportunity for a Child and Adolescent Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Tier 4 Inpatient Dragonfly Unit based in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft. The Dragonfly Unit is rated Outstanding by CQC and was awarded a QNIC Accreditation by The Royal College of Psychiatrists in 2020.
The Dragonfly Unit is a mixed sex, 12 bedded Child & Adolescent unit which offers care for acute Mental Health Issues, including a secondary diagnosis Eating Disorder.
You will work alongside a talented, enthused and robust multidisciplinary team that includes a senior clinical psychologist, a child psychotherapist, an advanced nurse practitioner, a family therapist, a staff grade doctor, a team leader and a matron providing a therapeutic, recovery focused level of care.
Main duties of the job
The multi-disciplinary team provides inpatient treatment for young people aged 13 to their 18th birthday with severe mental health problems and eating disorders.
- To provide consultancy, advice, support and intervention to the team and wider professionals. .
- Multi-disciplinary team working and liaising with other secondary care services and external stakeholders as required.
- To involve service users and their carer's in decision about their treatment.
- Supervise and train junior medical staff.
- The post-holder will have access to designated office space and IT facilities. They will also have access to designated admin support.
- Contribute to formal and informal teaching to medical students attached to the University East Anglia School of Medicine.
- The Trust also hosts medical students attached to the St George's International School of Medicine based in Grenada.
- Active role in the New Care models clinical design group.
This is an exciting time to join the Dragonfly Unit and NSFT as we commit to developing strong clinical leads.
NSFT are committed to Quality Improvement and have paired up with East London Foundation Trust to train and develop our staff in the understanding of QI and how to implement this on our wards.
We are part of the East of England Clinical Design group and currently developing new and exciting ways of working with young people and their families, including the 72 hr admission crisis pathway and outreach/ home treatment.
We believe that staff who feel valued by their employers and are truly engaged are able to provide better outcomes for our service users
For further information on the vacancy available, please see attached full Job Description and Person Specification.
- Entry on the GMC Register
- Approved clinician status
- Section 12(2) Approval under the Mental Health Act
- Specialist Register or within 6 months of CCST
- 3 years or equivalent medical experience
- 6 months experience in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of knowledge of diagnosis, treatment + management of complex mental illness
- Effective team working
- Leadership qualities
- Driving Licence/able to travel independently
- A clear understanding of Clinical Governance
- Demonstrate a commitment to open review of practice
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff
- Teaching and presentation skills