We are pleased to advertise the post of Clinical Lead of Cardiology at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, further details of the role can be found in the attached job description. This is an exciting time for the service with the upcoming IGIS build and service reconfiguration through the FFTF programme.
Main duties of the job
The Clinical Lead will provide strategic and clinical leadership, alongside the Specialty Director and Triumvirate, leading on cross-county strategic development and operational delivery of the cardiology service. They will be responsible for the delivery of clinical services within the Trust's financial, workforce, operational targets and strategic objectives and accountable for overseeing clinical governance and quality.
Establishing effective working relationships across clinical and professional groups will be key to the success of the role, including participation in decision-making, target setting, workforce and job planning, and appraisal and revalidation processes.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the largest employer in the county and with over 8,000 staff, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.
Please see attached job description for further information.
Please contact Abigail Tomlins for any informal enquiries or discussion via Laura Barratt on 0300 422 5173 or via email on email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified after the closing date.
Qualifications/ Clinical Skills
- Senior clinician, demonstrating successful clinical practice and good reputation
- Leadership/management qualification
Special Knowledge/ Abilities and/or Experience
- Evidence of leadership and people management
- Service Improvement - (must include improved quality/safety)
- Ability to liaise with wide range of partners, including patients and public.
- Financial and budgetary awareness
- Experience of job planning and appraisal processes
- Knowledge of broader ICS and national picture/ agenda
- Experience in NHS line management and service delivery
- Demonstrable track record of effective performance
- Experience of managing change