Specialist Doctor in Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH)
We are looking for a Specialist in SRH to take a senior position in our well established team. You will work across the whole spectrum of SRH at Royal London and Mile End Hospitals but will also have leadership responsibility for our abortion service. This is a substantive 9PA post
Main duties of the job
- The post holder will have a commitment to be available for 9 PAs each week, unless an agreement is agreed to work less than full time. This will be 70% at Sylvia Pankhurst Centre, Mile End and 30% at Ambrose King Centre, but it might be necessary on occasions to work at SLG. They will work as part of the Consultant body to support delivery of care, and training of the multidisciplinary team.
- The post holder will provide Senior leadership to the abortion service and provide all aspects of clinical care within this service. They will train doctors and nurses in abortion, ideally for the FSRH abortion qualification. They will deliver general integrated sexual health clinics during which supervision and training will be provided to other clinical staff working in the clinic, They will also provide complex contraception care, including the use of ultrasound for complex procedures. There may also be opportunities to work in menopause and FGM clinics, and the development of community gynaecology services. The post holder will work with our TPD and training co-ordinator to deliver SRH teaching in clinic and elsewhere. They may have opportunities to network with colleagues in maternity, gynaecology and HIV. There may also be the opportunity to participate in teaching of undergraduate medical students.
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential.
- To provide evidence based care.
- To have regard at all times to the clinical and quality standards set out within Trust guidelines.
- To liaise effectively and on a timely basis with colleagues within the department, other clinical specialities within the Trust particularly gynaecology, General Practitioners, community services, and all healthcare agencies.
To maintain and promote team and multi-disciplinary work, working closely and regularly with the consultant medical staff