We have x2 posts available for 12 months to commence as soon as possible with interviews scheduled for 15th July 2022. The Trust serves a local population of 600,000 and has on site 24/7 primary PCI. This post would suit a dynamic doctor planning a career in cardiology who wishes to gain further experience of cardiology at registrar level. The successful applicants will be expected to assist in the running of cardiology services within the Lister Hospital, including in-patient and out-patient management of cardiac patients with a variety of conditions. Training in invasive and non-invasive cardiology is offered. They will work at registrar level will participate in the cardiology registrar on call rota. For suitably experienced candidates there will be the opportunity for subspecialist training in either intervention (PCI and PPCI) or Advanced Imaging (CMR, Stress Echo, Cardiac CT).
Main duties of the job
There will be a defined teaching responsibility and the potential for collaborative research projects to be developed. Experience in cardiology at core level is essential and experience in echocardiography would be an advantage. The successful applicants will be responsible to the Clinical Director for Cardiology. The successful candidate will participate in the cardiology registrar on call rota.
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
- The post holder will be expected to assist in the running of cardiology services within the Lister Hospital and will work at registrar level.
- The post holder will be involved in in-patient and out-patient management of cardiac patients with a variety of conditions.
- Provide cardiology input to co-ordinate and deliver in-patient and out-patient cardiology service within the Trust.
- Hold a current licence to practice from the General Medical Council
- College Membership (MRCP) or qualification of an equivalent level
Clinical Expertise in Speciality/Subspeciality
- Experience of at least 18 months hospital service at core level or higher grade, including at least 6 months in Cardiology
- Experience in echocardiography with BSE or equivalent accreditation
Fitness to Practice
- Evidences engagement with appraisal and revalidation