Applications are invited for the permanent post of Consultant Ophthalmologist.
This is permanent post which will enhance the current establishment of NHS and academic staff of the Department of Ophthalmology and Alliance Hospitals. The successful appointee will be expected to participate in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and clinical audit. They will be required to undertake management duties and work in a multidisciplinary team.
The appointee will have a principle interest in General Ophthalmology and they will be expected to contribute to the general Ophthalmology service on the Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI) site and associated community hospitals. Participation on the on-call rota and in the eye casualty department is essential.
Please note, the job description contains an illustrative job plan, and the final timetable will be discussed and agreed upon on appointment.
Main duties of the job
• Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of patients.
• To share with colleagues responsibility for the day to day management of patients.
• To promote new ways of working and co-ordinating care for patients in the community and to ensure that the services are based on effective and integrated partnerships across the health community.
• Take part in multidisciplinary case conferences.
• Supervise and train junior medical staff.
• To be involved in appraising and assessing juniors.
• Teaching, research and administration.
• To proactively develop the service.
• To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit.
For further details/informal visits contact:
S.Banerjee, Consultant Ophthalmologist and Head of Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0116 258 6864.
Additional contact information
Zack Sentance - General Manager Ophthalmology at Zack.Sentance@uhl-tr.nhs.uk
Telephone number: 0116 258 6864
To apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 21 July 2022.