This is an exciting opportunity for a clinician to play a major role in delivering, co-ordinating and directing undergraduate medical teaching at the NUMed Malaysia campus and to have the option of continuing with clinical duties within the Malaysian health service.
We are looking for an experienced clinical teacher with current NHS experience, who wishes to share their enthusiasm and clinical knowledge with the doctors of the future being trained in Malaysia. This post is specifically for consideration by consultants in Psychiatry. Clinical teaching will take place at the NUMed Malaysia campus, Ministry of Health Hospitals, community health centres and other clinical facilities in the state of Johor, Malaysia.
The post is for 3 years with the option to extend for another 2 years depending on the business needs, aiming to commence in September 2022.
Interested candidates can contact Harinarayan Radhakrishna Harinarayan.Radhakrishna1@newcastle.edu.my or Julie Platt Julie.Platt@newcastle.edu.my to learn more about this post.
You will benefit from a competitive salary and benefit package. If you have any questions about the compensation package please contact Deborah.Graham@ncl.ac.uk
- Provide clinical teaching to undergraduate medical students in a number of hospitals and clinics across the State of Johor
- Act as an examiner on the MBBS programme, and to undertake wider responsibilities, for example in developing the course, course materials, assessment questions, and acting as pastoral and personal tutor for students
- Work independently and, in collaboration, to undertake high quality research in line with the NUMed research strategy
- In line with the above to create and maintain, strong collaborative links with other researchers in Newcastle and to develop collaborative links with national and international colleagues working in the same area of research
- Bid independently and/or in collaboration with colleagues for research funding
- Publish in high impact peer reviewed journals and to present findings/research papers at national and international conferences.
- Contribute to the Malaysian Research Assessment (MyRA)
- Work in the relevant departments. In performance of clinical duties, you will be under the direction of the appropriate Hospital Head of Department, in conjunction with the Dean for Clinical Affairs. Clinical duties will largely be combined with clinical teaching, on ward rounds and in clinics
- Have full clinical responsibility for patients, as negotiated with the Heads of Departments, and in liaison with clinical colleagues
- Participate fully in departmental business processes, audit, governance, and continuing medical education
For full details of the role and to apply, please click the apply button.
Closing Date: 21 July 2022