MidCentral District Health Board
Palmerston North Hospital
Are you an Psychiatrist looking for new opportunity, perhaps somewhere with research opportunities? A position at Palmerston North with MidCentral DHB might just be what you are looking for with links to Otago and Auckland Medical Schools and Massey University
We have had some new Psychiatrists join the team recently but opportunities still exist within the community team in AOD, Community, Acute Care and Inpatient to further enhance the continuity of care we provide to our patient population.
We provide comprehensive community-based mental health services across the complete age range including:
• Child, adolescent and family mental health services
• Comprehensive community adult services
• Specialist Maori mental health services (Oranga Hinengaro)
• Specialist services for Mental Health for the elderly
• Specialist community alcohol and drug services including OST services
• Comprehensive 24 hour acute care services (crisis intervention service)
• Acute inpatient services (including intensive mental health care-26 beds)
• General hospital liaison psychiatry • Early intervention services
• Intensive community rehabilitation services.
We have a commitment to continuing medical education and professional development and our peer review group is enrolled with the maintenance of professional standards programme of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists. We are recognised by the College for registrar training in inpatient, general adult community, and child and adolescent psychiatry, and this is an area we are seeking to further develop.
There are opportunities to participate in the further development of the service delivery model, develop an area of special interest or become involved in research.
Interested? Check out our website for more information along with contact information if you would like to talk to someone about these opportunities or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button.
For more information about the region and city visit www.manawatunz.co.nz