Joondalup Health Campus
We have a great opportunity for you to escape to Perth, one of the most livable cities in the world!
Our emergency department at Joondalup Health Campus in the northern suburbs, is one of the busiest in Australia. We provide high quality emergency care to around 100,000 patients a year (25% paediatrics) with a stimulating and diverse case mix. We have comprehensive radiology and pathology services and excellent on-site support from a range of in-patient specialties.
The Emergency Department has over 80 patient cubicles comprising of
- 35 adult treatment bays, including a purpose built 10 cubicle infection control area.
- Three resuscitation bays
- An ambulatory care area
- An emergency admission unit for patients requiring further assessment or treatment
- A paediatric treatment and observation area
- A secure Mental Health Observation area
- We are well staffed with over 30 FACEM consultants, 35 registrars and 60 RMO/Interns supported by over 200 nursing staff
We have job opportunities for doctors who are in all stages of their training in UK emergency medicine and UK consultants who are considering gaining specialist recognition in Australia on the ACEM Specialist International Medical Graduate Pathway.
Whatever your individual career development needs we have the ideal Emergency Medicine working environment for you. We can offer you the chance to develop your emergency medicine clinical skills and experience in a friendly, supportive culture within the emergency department. Our diverse broad case mix includes adult and paediatric and includes a significant number of high acuity and trauma presentations. We provide protected time for multi-modality Emergency Departmental education both formally programmed and one to one on the shop floor.
The following position options are available:
- 12 month RMO posts are ideal for doctors looking for a F3 year before starting specialist training
- 12 month Registrar posts are available for post ACCS trainees to gain experience prior to starting specialist training in EM
- 12 month Senior Registrar posts are suitable for RCEM peri-fellowship trainees.
We are also able to support Consultants with FRCEM wishing to gain APHRA Specialist Registration through the ACEM Specialist International Graduate Pathway.
We will provide assistance with Australian work visas and APHRA registration. You will work 80 hours per fortnight. Remuneration is in line with the current AMA Western Australian pay award with additional allowances and superior conditions that significantly enhance the package we can offer.
Enjoy a great work life balance with us. Western Australia is an incredibly vast and diverse state offering something for everyone. Here in Perth you can enjoy a Mediterranean climate, diverse cultural activities, pristine beaches, endless water sports and sports in general.
For more information, please contact:
Dr Kevin Domingo FACEM
Director of Emergency Medicine
Phone: +61 8 9400 9091
Or to apply, please click the apply button.