Salaried GP or Associate Partner
The Nelson Medical Practice is a modern practice in Wimbledon. As Merton’s largest GP practice and part of a small but dynamic primary care network, we can offer a wide range of career pathways. We are growing our team and have a variety of roles available, so whether you are a newly qualified GP interested in a SPIN fellowship, an experienced GP considering partnership or seeking a flexible role as part of a portfolio, you will be welcome in our friendly team.
At The Nelson you will find:
- An award-winning modern building
- Phlebotomy, radiology and a range of other services on site (plus parking, a pharmacy and a café)
- A diverse, friendly, multi-professional team to support joined-up, compassionate, high quality patient care and lighten GPs admin burden. Including:
- A paramedic who undertakes most home visits
- 3 clinical pharmacists
- A team of patient care coordinators and experienced, dedicated admin staff
- Health and well-being coaches, a mental health practitioner and social prescribing link worker
- A clear focus on exceptional patient care, continuous quality improvement and service development
- ‘On-calls’ managed through our innovative Same Day Team where GPs, paramedics, and physicians associates work together from one room providing a hub for all urgent queries, so when you are not on call you can get on with your surgery without interruptions but always know there is somewhere to go for senior clinical advice.
- A rapidly developing PCN with established links with our local community and rich network of local assets
- Opportunities to get involved with quality & service improvement projects and develop your leadership skills. Recent examples include working with a local charity to improve access for frail elderly patients and health promotion activities with our local football club, AFC Wimbledon.
- An established GP training practice and medical student teaching
- Existing SPIN fellows in post and keen to support more
- An Associate Partnership Pathway for aspiring future partners
- Regular clinical and educational meetings, annual away days and mentoring for all clinical staff
- Daily coffee meetings and regular socials (including our legendary summer barbeque and Christmas party!)
If you are interested in growing your career at The Nelson then one of our Clinical Directors would love to meet with you and show you round. Please contact HR Manager, Mandy Sharkey: email@example.com