The Humber NHS Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive range of mental health, learning disability, addictions and community services to people from Hull and the East Riding. As a Teaching Trust, we work closely with our major academic partners, Hull York Medical School and Hull University, nurturing a workforce of tomorrow's doctors, nurses and other health professionals.
An opportunity has arisen for a post 10 PAs Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry. The successful candidate will provide medical leadership into a well-established multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Services for East Hull are based at Townend Court. The Old Age Psychiatry services continue to develop and are progressive in their outlook.
There is a requirement that the successful candidate will also undertake on call responsibilities on the specialist Consultant on-call rota for Old Age Psychiatry and Learning Disability.
Applicants should have full registration with the GMC, possess the MRCPsych UK or have an equivalent post-graduate qualification. They should be on the Specialist Register for Old Age Psychiatry, or be within 6 months of achieving CCT in Old Age Psychiatry.
The role will attract at least 2.5 SPAs asstandard for a full-time post. We would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust. There is an excellent peer support group and opportunities to be a clinical supervisor. Relocation package available.
Main duties of the job
We think differently about our psychiatry roles and will work with you to develop an opportunity that works for you. We will support you to balance high quality patient care with pursuing your own special interests within psychiatry, as well as offering opportunities for leadership and management and leadership roles. Whether your focus is on developing your skills for management, research, teaching or innovative service provision, we are here to listen and understand how we can support you to reach your goals. Find out more about what we offer Consultant Psychiatrists by downloading our Destination Humber Booklet.
As a Teaching Trust we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and we are a leading Trust in mental health research. We work closely with our teaching partners of Hull York Medical School and Health Education England to offer an excellent training package that has seen us us rated in the Top 5 of the GMC's national training survey 2016.
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together to change lives. We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to employee development.
Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire is a great place to live and offers some of the most competitive house prices in the country with access to excellent schools and further and higher education providers.
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing.
- Free on-site parking
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Extra day off on completion of mandatory training and receiving
- flu vaccination
- Wide -range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
Find out more about what makes our Trust Humbelievable at join.humber.nhs.uk
Please read our attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information on our exciting role available.
For informal enquires or to arrange a visit, please contact Dr Fofie, Consultant Psychiatriston telephone number 01482 301701 / 336638.
The ability to commute within the Trusts geographical area with access to the appropriate means of transport is essential.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management. MRCPsych Additional clinical qualifications.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment. Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months. Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment. Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge in specialty. Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty. Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others. Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service