Consultant Addiction Psychiatrists /Specialty Doctor (GP with a special interest and experience in addictions)
Opportunities in London, Wakefield, Somerset, Wiltshire -hybrid/remote working
Full Time /Part time – Flexible options available
At Turning Point, we're bringing new thinking to the treatment of drug and alcohol misuse throughout the UK. We are recognised leaders in helping people recover from addiction and gain control of their lives. By providing the right support at the right time, and making sure that people can find all the help they need, we have grown into one of the largest providers of substance misuse services in England and Wales.
We now have exciting opportunities for Consultant Addiction Psychiatrists /Speciality doctors at our London, Wakefield, Somerset and Wiltshire services.
As a speciality doctor you will support the consultant and clinical lead and work closely with a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient centred support to complex addiction clients. You will gain experience and expertise in the assessment of perinatal, club drug, rough sleeping, and criminal justice clients with addiction difficulties. broad experience of assessing and managing both drugs and alcohol related problems and will also gain experience of managing other co-morbid psychiatric conditions, especially personality disorders, psychosis, and affective disorders
Successful candidates will also be expected to have and/demonstrate the following:
- Current registration with GMC with a valid pin
- A desire to work with patients with substance misuse problems
- •Previous experience of providing safe, effective, and evidence-based assessment, care, and interventions
- • Ideally previous experience of working in Psychiatry, Substance Misuse Psychiatry or General Practice for at least 2yrs
We encourage applications from Consultants, GP’s with a special interest in addiction, Associate specialist doctors and staff grade doctors.Other experience will always be considered.
Any doctors looking to return to practice will be supported and encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will be able to access a well-developed monthly CPD program, receive regular structured supervision and be fully supported in the appraisal and revalidation structure. All doctors within Turning Point receive protected CPD and are expected and supported to be involved in clinical audit and, if interested, further research.
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 33 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 35 days. Plus, the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Right steps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone-based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
To be part of a dynamic, progressive and contemporary team like ours, get in touch:
Dr David Bremner, Medical Director - David.Bremner@turning-point.co.uk or 07585 132800, for an informal conversation.