We have a full time (10 PA) opportunity for a CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist to work closely with CAMHS colleagues, to support the emotional health and wellbeing of young people across Dorset. Every day you'll have the opportunity to make a long-lasting difference, create change and transform lives through working with young people ages 12 - 18 in our 10 bedded inpatient CAMHS hospital. You'll encounter stimulating challenges and endless rewards; teams fuelled by collaboration; and a culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Alongside our commitment to flexible working and excellent NHS benefits, we can offer:
- We can provide a generous relocation package of up to £10,000.
- This post attracts a Recruitment and Retention payment of £10,000 to be paid in monthly instalments for the first year of employment.
We provide the following CAMHS services across Dorset:
- 6 Community teams.
- A 10-bed adolescent inpatient unit.
- A dedicated CAMHS psychiatric liaison service to the three acute hospitals in Dorset.
- A community forensic service for children and adolescents.
- A specialist community service for young people with eating disorders.
- A specialist community service for children and young people with intellectual disability.
- An out of hours CAMHS crisis service.
- A Discovery College for young people and carers.
- Peer specialists employed within our community and inpatient teams.
The successful candidate must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
For further details / informal visits contact:
We would welcome the opportunity to meet with any interested candidates prior to the interviews or submission of an application. If you have any role specific questions please email Dr Anu Devanga, CAMHS Lead Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Stephen Turberville - Stephen.email@example.com.
If you would like a pre application conversation with the Executive Medical Director, please contact Julie Street (Executive PA to the Medical Director) on 01202 277011 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please click the apply button.