We are seeking a motivated Specialty Doctor to work in one of our adult inpatient wards. Stanage Wardhas 16 male beds and a full multidisciplinary team (medical, nursing, occupational therapy, physician associate, pharmacy, psychology, housekeeping, administrative and physiotherapy staff) providing acute inpatient care.
The post offers opportunities for experience in the development of Acute Inpatient Services in Sheffield. It reflects Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust's commitment to developing high quality services for patients with severe mental health disorders, and the commitment to excellence in the provision of acute care.
Main duties of the job
The post holder shall have completed at least four years' full-time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a specialty training programme in a relevant specialty or as a fixed term specialty trainee in a relevant specialty; or shall have equivalent experience and competencies.
We are passionate about providing the very best care to the people we support, and we're looking for amazing people who share this passion to join us.
What is it that makes our Trust such a special place to work? Well, it's all about the people. Our staff, service users, carers and families all come from such diverse backgrounds and all have expertise and stories to share.
It's important that you feel supported in your role, that the people who you work with are as passionate as you are and that your health and wellbeing is taken care of
If you're interested in developing your career, you'll have access to a range of training and education opportunities, including apprenticeships, work experience and placements, as well as the chance to get involved in research.
We are all very proud of the difference we make to people's lives each and every day and if that's something that you'd like to be part of we'd love to have you with us.
- Attendance at ward team meetings
- Medical leadership to the multidisciplinary ward team.
- Medical/psychiatric assessments for care planning and risk assessment
- Formulation and delivery of appropriate pharmacological and psychological interventions to aid recovery.
- Assessment for people detained under Mental Health Act.
- Attendance at Tribunal hearings for people detained under Mental Health Act.
- Completion of administrative tasks necessary for clinical responsibilities.
- Writing of Mental Health Review Tribunal Reports or reports to other agencies.
- Liaison with members of other teams to transfer patients into and out of inpatient service.
- Attendance at CPA reviews and pre-discharge planning meetings.
- Clinical supervision of junior medical staff
- Teaching of undergraduate medical students
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to deliver care in collaboration with service users and their families/carers.
- Ability to supervise junior staff
- Awareness of the funding arrangements in the NHS and recent NHS developments
- Ability to interpret published research and to apply research findings to clinical practice.
- Experience of involvement in service development and/or reconfiguration
- Practical experience of research
- Sympathetic to the Trust's mission
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practice.
- Section 12, AC/RC approved
- Experience in General Adult Psychiatry having completed at least four years full time post-graduate training (or equivalent)
- Wide range of experience relevant to the post within NHS or comparable service
- Evidence of experience in medical audit and understanding of principles of clinical governance
- Practical experience of Clinical Audit
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
- Teaching/presentation experience (e.g. conference presentation, EBM, research experience).