Salaried GP - Millbrook Surgery
- Millbrook Surgery
- Castle Cary, Somerset
- Closing date
- 30 Jun 2023
- Phone number
- General Practice, GP (principal / partner), GP (salaried), Locum GP
- Part Time
What matters to us
Caring for our patients and their experience is at the forefront of everything we do
We nurture talent
We motivate, encourage and inspire
We want you to have a good work life balance
We are brave and push boundaries
We promote entrepreneurial spirit and support you to achieve
Everyone has a voice and their contribution is valued
Who are we looking for
- A forward-thinking GP willing to work at a high level
- Passion for doing the right thing for patients at the optimal time
- Commitment to making a telling contribution to the success of the practice
- Willing to highlight improvement areas and lead from the front in making positive and lasting change
- Taking the lead on specialist areas
- Coaching, mentoring and support of clinical team members
What can we offer you?
- 4 – 8 sessions (we are flexible and will consider less, more, or job shares)
- Have your ideas valued and supported
- A positive working environment
- A bright and welcoming building, fully equipped and fit for purpose in the charming market town of Castle Cary (with nice shops and friendly town folk!)
- A collaboration hub with access to the whole team
- Opportunity to work on county wide projects and shaping of our Primary Care Network
- Competitive salary package inclusive of indemnity
Take a chance on us. You might be happy in your job, but we know we could make you happier.
If you want to hear more about us and our team before you apply, we like coffee, biscuits and talking about ourselves … we would be delighted to tell you more.
Not for you?
We won’t take it personally. Feel free to share this advert with your friends.
**Full person specification, responsibilities and practice details attached
More about our Practice
- List size: 6376 and rapidly growing
- EMIS Web
- GP access appointment system allowing for flexible working and control of your own day
- Staff rota tailored to meet on the day demand
- Phased start times for GP’s to share Duty Doctor responsibilities
- High QOF Achievers
- CQC rating of ‘Good’
- Lead Primary Care Network Practice with shared services
- GP training practice
- Teaching practice for Medical Students from Bristol University
- LARC services
- MDT huddles to action plan for vulnerable patients and admissions, reflecting on team successes and data analysis
- Regular team meetings and social activities
Our practice team
- 2 GP Partners with an interest in county wide and CCG projects
- 4 salaried GPs
- Leadership team including a Practice Manager, Deputy Practice Manager, Operations Manager and Data Manager
- GP Registrar’s and F2 Doctor’s
- 2 Advanced Nurse Practitioner’s
- Lead Practice Nurse, 2 Practice Nurses with special interests in Diabetes and Respiratory care
- 1 HCA / Phlebotomist
- 1 MSK practitioner with cross-organisational appointments
- 1 CPN with cross-organisational appointments
- PCN pharmacy team
- Weekly Midwife clinic
- Trainee counsellors
- District Nurses based within practice
- 3 Health Coaches and 1 Health Coach administrator
- Complex Care team consisting of GP, Nurse and HCA
- An exceptional team of GP assistants, including Prescriptions Clerk
About Castle Cary
Castle Cary is a small historic market town in South Somerset.
The town boasts a couple of pubs, a museum, many independent shops and galleries plus restaurants and takeaways. Mostly built in golden ham stone the town centre has an attractive Market House and cobbled area at its heart. There is a range of housing of all types in the town with some newer developments on the outskirts.
Community spirit is strong with lots of clubs and societies, a couple of churches and community meeting halls and spaces of varying sizes.
There are two schools in the town with nearby colleges and a range of independent schools in nearby Bruton.
There are excellent transport links via rail (a railway station on the outskirts of the town on the London, Paddington – West Country and Weymouth – Bristol main lines) and road with the A303 only a few miles away.
At the heart of Somerset cider and cheddar cheese producing areas there are many award winning farms and dairies close by; not to mention the NT property and gardens at Stourhead, Glastonbury Tor, Wells and very close by the newly opened Newt in Somerset. Bath and Bristol are within 1 hour by car
For further details please email via the click apply button or for an informal discussion about this job please click 'Reveal Phone Number' and give us a call.
Funded relocation scheme available with eligibility criteria
Apply for Salaried GP - Millbrook Surgery
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert