This post is required to commence immediately for a period of 3 months to provide medical cover within the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology together with Consultants Medical staff, middle grade doctors, Specialty Trainees, FY2 and FY1 doctors.
The appointable candidate will be working a full shift ST (L) rota with a commitment to provide 1 in 6 for days and 1 in 12 out of hours resident cover. The post-holder will work under supervision of middle grade and consultant and will cover gynaecology and obstetrics emergencies, participate in ward rounds and attend operating theatre, antenatal clinics and gynaecology clinics.
Main duties of the job
We are seeking to appoint a full time Locum Doctor (STL) to work in the department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology to commence immediately for a period of 3 months. This is to fill maternity leave. The appointable candidate will be working a full shift ST (L) rota.
The successful candidate must possess a Basic Medical Qualification (ie MBBS or equivalent), a minimum of 2 years full time postgraduate training and experience (or equivalent EEA training). They should be able to demonstrate relevant experience and qualifications to undertake the required duties including on-call duties and should have at least 6 months experience in Obstetrics & Gynaecology as FY2/ ST (L). Candidates should also hold full registration with the GMC together with a Licence to Practice.
Applicants should be aware that regardless of Country of Origin, their ability to communicate in written and spoken English to the standard required to carry out the post will be assessed during the selection process.
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust provides local general hospital and community services to around 260,000 people in Walsall and the surrounding areas. We are a truly integrated healthcare provider covering Walsall and beyond, with multidisciplinary acute and community services that allow us to provide the right care in the right place; such as rapid response in the community and home-based care so that those with long term conditions and the frail elderly can remain in their own homes to be cared for.
We provide the full range of district general hospital services in Walsall Manor Hospital and we provide high quality, friendly and effective community health services from some 60 sites including health centres and GP surgeries. We are the lead provider for the Walsall Together integrated Place-based partnership.
The Trust Doctor will be responsible for:
Attending Induction Course which includes awareness training of NHS Structure and Local Trust Management
Attending to gynaecology and obstetrics emergencies with senior support
Attending antenatal clinics and gynaecology clinics with senior support
Attending operating theatre
Undertaking appropriate IT training
Attending mandatory training
Participating in clinical audit
Working with colleagues from non-medical professions
Gaining confidence in teaching/training of medical/nursing staff
Improving knowledge of management issues
- Basic Medical Qualification (eg MBBS, MBChB) or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration with a Licence to Practice
- A minimum of 2 years full time postgraduate training and experience (or equivalent EEA training)
- At least 6 months experience in Obstetrics & Gynaecology as FY2/ST(L)
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience and qualifications to undertake Tier 1 duties including on call duties
- Ability to work a full shift system including nights and weekends
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, relatives, GPs, nurses, other staff and agencies
- Ability to work effectively in an Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Ability to organize and prioritise work effectively
- Commitment to Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development
- Ability to use the evidence base and clinical audit to support decision-making
- Previous audit experience
- Participation in Clinical governance
- Appropriate Immigration Status (where relevant)