West Coast House Officer and Registrar Annual Recruitment 2023
Mō mātou - About us
On the West Coast, Tai Poutini, we are leading the way when it comes to innovations in rural health delivery in Aotearoa, New Zealand. With our new hōhipera (hospital), Te Nīkau which opened in 2020, and a new health centre underway in Buller now is the time to join us!
We cover 800km of the West Coast from Karamea in the North, to Jackson Bay in the South putting you in the perfect position to explore everything the
West Coast has to offer!
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako - Skills and experience
We offer an ideal setting for trainees in Rural Hospital Medicine, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine and General Practice Medical programs where we are accredited for two training programmes:
- Rural Hospital Medicine training focused on Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, General Medicine and General Surgery
- GP Training
You will have completed PGY2 (or FY2) by January 2023 and you must be eligible for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. You can check your eligibility by visiting the Council's website at www.mcnz.org.nz
Ngā hua - Benefits:
- Skilled teaching and Supervision from our Senior Medical Kapa (team)
- Excellent exposure to SMO's and procedures
- Great lifestyle and work life balance
- Diverse range of medical experience
- Supportive kaimahi (staff)
- Experience the very best of the great outdoors - suitable for both thrill-seekers and observers. See this link for more information: http://www.westcoasthealthcareers.co.nz/click here for some great info about being a 'Coaster'
- Live in a family-friendly, naturally stunning part of the world, with facilities and schools nearby
Tono ināianei - Apply now
If you meet the above criteria, then please click the 'apply now' button below. Applications will only be accepted online.
You will need to submit the following:
- Electronic copies of your CV and covering letter, and
- Contact details for three referees
For further information, email Barbara.Cook@westcoastdhb.health.nz. To apply, please click the apply button.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.