Could you make a difference to our growing and developing service?
If yes then join us on our journey to transform our gastroenterology service. We are only looking for enthusiastic and engaging team members with drive and passion to set our services apart from the rest.
Please refer to Job Description attached for further information.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide a high quality diagnostic and therapeuticupper and lower endoscopy service, a high quality outpatient service,including patient administration and manage gastroenterology andmedical in-patients on the gastroenterology ward.
Please refer to Job Description attached for further information.About us
There has never been a better time to join our Trust than now! We run three busy hospital sites at Peterborough, Huntingdon and Stamford and provide outpatient services in two community hospitals in Ely and Doddington. Our 6,000 staff serve a growing population of 750,000 across North Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
With just over 6,000 staff and a 450-strong team of volunteers helping patients and visitors we are able to offer an exciting opportunities to new applicants.
As for living in the area, there is a wealth of choice with city living, small towns and villages all within reasonable commute to the hospitals. There are excellent schools and a wide variety of social and leisure activities to choose from.
So if you are looking to develop your career and want to do so in an environment which is challenging and growing we would encourage you to look further into a future with NWAngliaFT.Job description Job responsibilities
2 full time Consultant Gastroenterologist are required to meet the demand for Gastroenterology services at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. This will be primarily based at the Peterborough site but may occasionally involve some cross site working if the service requires it.These are new posts to join the existing 4 Gastroenterology Consultants with a specific remit to further develop and extend Gastroenterology and hepatology services in the region. The newly appointed Consultants will take part in out of hours GI Bleed Rota and on-call commitment is subject to negotiation.
Please refer to Job Description attached for further information.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB ChB/MBBS or equivalent
- CCT in Gastroenterology (or equivalent or within 6 months of receipt of CCT at time of interview) or on the Specialist Register
Medical Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Higher qualification (e.g. MD, PhD)
- Extensive training and experience in general medicine and Gastroenterology, including diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy procedures
- Evidence of ability to pursue independent research.
- Experience of ERCP diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Ability to communicate with other members/ grades of staff, patients, families and General Practitioners.
- Commitment to multidisciplinary work.
- Specific training in communications skills, teaching etc.
- Evidence of involvement in service developments/ planning
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Evidence of successful implementation of new working patterns/methods
- Knowledge of corporate structure of NHS Trusts, the NHS plan and clinical governance
Other Requirements Essential
- Evidence of specific training in management (e.g. courses, practical experience)
- Full Registration and license to practice with the GMC
- Demonstrates honesty, commitment and integrity
- Member of Medical Defence Organisation