These are new posts, which are being created to establish an acute Frailty Service for the locality of Merthyr and Cynon, surrounding Prince Charles Hospital.
Main duties of the job
The post will be subject to the terms and conditions of service governing the appointment of Medical and Dental Staff in Wales, and to the Health Board's terms and conditions as appropriate. The candidate(s) to be appointed will be required to be fully registered with the General Medical Council, to hold, or to be within 6 months of gaining, a Certificate of Completion of Training in General Internal Medicine, and to be on the Specialist Register.
The post holder will be joining a dynamic, forward looking and innovative medical team. The post holder will be based at Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil, where the Health Board has acute hospital beds covering all medical and surgical specialities.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
You will be able to find a full Job Description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents
- Experience of supervising Foundation Trainees and SHOs/ST1s and ST2s
- Publications in peer reviewed journal
- on the specialist register; OR be within 6 months of the anticipated CCT / CESR date if progress has been satisfactory and it is anticipated that the outcome of the final ARCP will recommend that training will be completed by the time the recommend CCT / CESR date is reached
- Experience in delivering acute frailty at the front door
- Completion of Higher Speciality Training in Respiratory and General (Internal) Medicine, or equivalent
- Experience of service improvement/development
- Ability to run an efficient and effective acute service
- Demonstrate drive, achievement and innovation to establish and develop innovative services