In response to rapidly changing times in primary care we have developed the role of Associate Partner to join us in leading one of the most progressive and exciting NHS GP partnerships in the UK.
As an Associate Partner you will
- Be eligible to apply for the new to partnership scheme which offers £20,000 to successful applicants, who have not been a partner previously
- Be a member of the leadership team in our high-profile organisation held up as an exemplar of general practice nationally.
- Work with senior leaders within the NHS.
- Be supported to become a national leader in your chosen interest area.
- Have a chance to make significant impact in service development.
- Take leadership responsibility for one specific site or service.
- Open the door to broader opportunities.
- Have access to £3000 training budget either via the new to partnership scheme or, if not eligible, through the Group’s training budget.
We expect our Associate Partners to demonstrate:
- Ambition to progress their career to the next step from a salaried role
- Development of clinical, leadership, managerial and business experience
- A commitment to delivery of a high-quality integrated service using innovative approaches to ensure the best outcomes for their patients
- Leadership in the development of local networks and achievement of agreed outcomes
- Ability to take lead responsibility for the overall running of a designated site with the support of the other partners and the Hurley centralised team
- Enjoyment in developing and bringing out the best in your team
- Delivery of agreed performance indicators relevant to the practice
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a sense of humour, a good work ethic and an acceptance that one needs to ‘get their hands dirty’
- An understanding of the value of working with others, including a cohort of other Associate Partners, and yet can work independently too.
- A desire to actively be involved in partnership, workstream and training meetings
Terms and conditions
- Self-employed status as an Associate Partner with the Hurley Group
- Participation in the ‘partner on call’ rota
- Holiday (6 weeks), study (1 week) and ‘other’ leave (pro rata if not full time). These allowances are the same as equity partners and set out in the partnership Deed
- Income linked to the number of sessions worked and an enhanced package linked to service delivery and achievement of KPIs/targets at the practice
- Reimbursement of Indemnity costs
Your professional development is paramount and you will be supported to attend all mandatory training and additional training to gain further skills and experience. You will be a valued member of the whole team, encouraged to attend clinical meetings, contribute and be integral in decision making that influences the patient journey and services provided at the site.
To apply for this posts, please apply via the BMJ link or by submitting your CV by clicking the apply button. For more information, or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Dr Ben Shankland via email@example.com