Applications are invited for the permanent post of Consultant Ophthalmologist - General.
This is permanent post which will enhance the current establishment of NHS and academic staff of the Department of Ophthalmology. The successful appointee will be expected to participate in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and clinical audit. They will be required to undertake management duties and work in a multidisciplinary team.
The appointee will have a principle interest in General Ophthalmology and they will be expected to contribute to the general Ophthalmology service on the Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI) site and associated community hospitals. Participation in the on-call rota and in the Eye Casualty department is essential.
The Ophthalmology Service in UHL is currently providing patient care specialising in the areas of Medical retina, Uveitis, Oculoplastics, Lacrimal, Cornea, Glaucoma, Vitreoretinal surgery, Neuro Ophthalmology and Paediatric Ophthalmology.
Applicants must already be on the GMC specialist register or within 6 months of the interview date have a certificate of completion of specialist training.
Main duties of the job
- To share with colleagues responsibility for the day to day management of patients.
- To promote new ways of working and coordinating care for patients in the community and to ensure that the services are based on effective and integrated partnerships across the health community.
- Take part in multidisciplinary case conferences.
- Supervise and train junior medical staff.
- To be involved in appraising and assessing juniors.
- Teaching, research and administration
- To proactively develop the service
- To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Mr S Banerjee
Job title: Retinal Consultant (Head of Service)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0116 258 6864
To apply for this post, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 1st June 2022.