We are seeking a motivated and committed full time Consultant Psychiatrist in the Learning Disabilities team (10 programmed activities) however applications from people who would prefer to work part time are welcomed.
You will be required to work with and across the Learning Disability Community Teams and the Inpatient service. The successful applicant will work closely with other Health Professionals across the Learning Disability Service as will also work closely with other Consultant Psychiatrists across the Trust as required.
The Learning Disability teams role is to work alongside our service users and their family and/or carers to coproduce care and support that upholds the principles of individuality, independence, privacy, partnership, choice, dignity, respect, rights, equality, and diversity.
Delivering health and well-being outcomes for the following groups are key priorities for us:
- People with profound and multiple learning disabilities
- People with a learning disability and mental health problems whose needs cannot be met by other services
- People who present behaviours of concern and who are at risk of being cared for in a more restrictive environment due to placement breakdown or crisis
- People with a learning disability and autism whose needs cannot be met by other services
- People with a learning disability and dementia whose needs cannot be met by other services