The current Elderly Care Service in Dudley comprises inpatient beds (just over 100 beds) for acute medical care and inpatient rehabilitation, an ortho-geriatric service and outpatient clinics. There are a number of specialist clinics. A frail elderly short stay unit has been successfully piloted and is being developed. There is an outpatient rehabilitation service at the Corbett Rehabilitation Centre and community step-down rehabilitation beds in various care homes.
Main duties of the job
This new post is part of a planned expansion and development of Older Peoples' Services throughout Dudley.
The envisioned role for this post is to establish a new service to provide Peri-operative care of Frail elderly patients admitted to the surgical wards. The post holder will provide medical input and pre-and post-operative care to these surgical patients.
Key features of the post are:
- To establish and run peri-operative care of frail elderly patients in surgical wards.
- To participate in GIM and COE on calls.
- To collaborate with Elderly Care colleagues in the work of the Elderly Care department and contribute to developing the Elderly Care service.
- To provide consultant cross cover when the ortho-geriatric consultant is on leave.
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do to offer a high quality patient experience in a caring and supportive environment. This aligns with our vision of providing safe, caring and effective services because people matter.
This is an opportunity to join an NHS organisation that inspires its staff to innovate, with support and encouragement to continually develop. We expect all of our staff to demonstrate the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility.
We believe healthcare is better when provided by supported and dedicated staff, so if you are innovative, forward thinking and dedicated to high quality patient care come and join our amazing team.
At the Dudley Group everyone is welcome, please ensure you have read our Recruitment Equality Statement included in the advert.
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertake.
- MRCP or equivalent
- Candidate must have full registration with the GMC and be on the Specialist Register with the GMC or within 6 months of Specialist Registration in General Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine on the date of interview
Relevant knowledge and experience requirements
- oClinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCST/CST
- Experience in Medical input for surgical patients
Personal / Management Skills
- Able to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team. Flexible outlook on working hours
- Previous leadership or management experience
To apply, please click the apply button.
The closing date is 12 June 2022