2023 Emergency Registrar Training Scheme
About Monash Health
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service. We are proud to provide healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 22,000 employees work at over 40 care locations across south-eastern Melbourne, including Monash Medical Centre, Monash Children’s Hospital, Moorabbin Hospital, Dandenong Hospital, Casey Hospital, Kingston Centre, Cranbourne Centre, and an extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities. For more information, please visit www.monashhealth.org
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 1,500 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialties, to help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoria's largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service.
Find your place with the Monash Emergency Team as an Emergency Registrar in 2023
Monash is Victoria’s largest Healthcare provider, delivering care to one-quarter of Melbourne’s population across the entire lifespan. We are accredited for all aspects of FACEM training across three sites; Monash Medical Centre and Monash Children’s, Dandenong Hospital and Casey Hospital.
The Monash Emergency Experience
- Victoria’s only combined tertiary paediatric and adult emergency department at MMC with newly built environment – negative flow areas, ambient lighting, state of the art resuscitation bays, mental health hub based on cutting-edge ED design principals.
- Dandenong Hospital; a mixed adult and paediatric hospital that is the home of our Toxicology team, Level 2 Trauma service and treating a diverse patient cohort.
- Casey Hospital; rapidly expanding in the south east growth corridor servicing families and the elderly alike, with a new ICU and wards, expanding ED and many surgical specialties.
- State-of-the-art Monash Children’s Hospital, supported by PICU and NICU.
- Victorian Heart Hospital (VHH); work a term in the ED of Australia’s only specialty cardiac hospital, starting late 2022.
- Unparalleled external opportunities to develop your skills.
- Rotate through our accredited Paediatric Unit and the upcoming VHH ED
- Toxicology; A Monash clinical referral and research unit, giving registrars an edge on the world of Toxicology.
- Level 1 ICU rotation at MMC Adults and PICU, Level 2 ICU terms at Dandenong and the new Casey and Heart Hospital ICU terms coming up
- Anaesthetics terms at 3 sites within the network.
- Simulation Centre; build the skills for facilitation and teaching in this role.
- Hospital in the Home; work with some of our FACEMs and Physicians who also work in HITH to follow your patients beyond their ED journey.
- Eye and Ear hospital; get confident with ophthalmology and ENT management.
- General Medicine, Paediatric Registrar, Psychiatry and more.
An education program to cater for all aspects of FACEM training.
- Fully structured teaching program in 5 stages from Primary Exam training through to the OSCE, covering both exam and practical work preparation.
- Point of Care Ultrasound Training through Monash POCUS; free courses and 1:1 training to get you proficient with eFAST, ECHO, DVT, renal and more.
- Preparing registrars for exam success; programs run by enthusiastic ACEM Examiners and teachers, with a 100% pass rate in the last three ACEM primary exams.
- Research opportunities though our Monash Emergency Research Collaboration.
- Effective measures to help get your work/life balance right.
- Monash Health has a strong commitment to supporting their staff through flexible work arrangements, supporting staff to find a work balance that fits their needs.
- Monash supports family and lifestyle friendly employment arrangements within the ED and many external rotations, such as fractional EFT and training breaks.
- Multiyear registrar contracts; Monash is bringing in automatic renewal of contracts up to 4 years after your first year with us. Have certainty in employment yet retain the flexibility to change your EFT as you need, so you can plan career and life.
Unparalleled career opportunities;
- The only healthcare provider to make the Linkedin Top Companies of 2022, an “annual ranking of the best workplaces to grow your career”, ranked 19 out of Australia’s 25 top companies.
- So come and find your place at Monash Emergency and become a FACEM of the future.
- What you need:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Appropriate health professional tertiary qualifications
- Working with Children's Certificate
What we offer:
- Salary packaging
- Onsite discounted staff parking
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Onsite Gym
- Access to professional development courses and seminars
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same)
- proof of immunisation
Under the Victorian Public Health orders, all employees working within the Public Health system must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to provide acceptable evidence of their vaccination status. The current orders require evidence of three doses.
All applicants to positions with Monash Health will need to upload acceptable evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19 as part of their application. Acceptable evidence is a copy of your Immunisation History Statement or your COVID-19 Digital Certificate, which can be accessed via MyGov.
To view the full position description and to apply, please click the apply now button.