Bart's Health NHS Trust
Locum Consultant Dermatologist with special interest in Skin
cancer and surgery Post
Based at Royal London Hospital
A Locum Consultant position has arisen within the department of Dermatology based at Barts Health NHS Trust, with the primary site being the Royal London Hospital. The successful candidate will join twenty existing consultants and six specialist registrars in delivering a broad range of Dermatology services as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The post holder will play a key role in meeting the increasing demand of complex secondary/tertiary surgical dermatology care referrals.
Main duties of the job
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual with the appropriate skills to join a first class multi-disciplinary team providing the full range of services to the majority of East London and beyond in a progressive London teaching hospital environment. The post on offer is specifically:
- Locum Consultant Dermatologist with special interest in Skin cancer and surgery
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential.
Applicants must be fully registered on the UK General Medical Councils Specialist Register. Specialist Registrars may apply if within 6 months of obtaining CCT at the date of interview.
Details of the job plan and full Job Description and Person Specification are included in the application pack.
The Government has announced that the legal requirement for all NHS workers in England, to be double vaccinated, is currently under legislative review.
We do however encourage those in roles that have face to face contact with patients to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless they are medically exempt), and are continuing to support the vaccination uptake for all staff as this remains the best line of defence.
- MBBS (or equivalent)
- MRCP (or equivalent)
- Eligible for full GMC Registration
- On GMC Specialist Register in Dermatology or within 6 months of attainment of CCT
- Comprehensive clinical training in General Medical conditions
- General Dermatology diagnostic and treatment procedures
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary clinics
- Inpatient care for those who require inpatient treatment
- Dermatological procedures and surgery
- Comprehensive knowledge of general and some specialist Dermatology areas
Audit Management & IT
- Evidence of conducting and presenting clinical audit projects, attendance of departmental meetings and post-graduate activities and management meetings
- Track record of delivering clinical improvement projects
Research. Teaching skill & experience
- Experience of teaching medical undergraduates
- Understanding / knowledge of Research ethics
- Attainment of MD or equivalent higher degrees
Click the apply button.