10 PAs, £84,599 to £114,003 | Fylde Coast, Lancashire Applicants looking for a less than full time post also welcomed. Come and discuss what your dream role is and let’s build the job plan together.
We are looking for colleague to join our fantastic well established Older Adult Inpatient team, based at our Harbour Hospital in Blackpool on the Fylde Coast. The Harbour hospital is just 2 min drive from Junction 4 on theM55, which is ideal for those travelling from outside of the area due to the great motorway links.
We would also be really interested in supporting special areas of interest, such as in research, leadership development, digital developments and more.
You will be part of a contingent of 9 Older Adult Consultant Psychiatrists in the Fylde locality, which provides mental health services both community-based and in-patient services.
The Harbour provides the major portion of inpatient services for the older adult and adult mental health services. The post holder will be supported by 3 other Older Adult Consultant Psychiatrists in leading and delivering in-patient services at The Harbour.
The hospital was designed with extensive input from service users and clinicians and is based on good practice guidance and ‘safety by design’ to ensure that it can provide high quality care. The ethos of the unit is to provide therapeutic care which is empowering, person centred, needs led, and focuses on promoting recovery and independence.
- Average caseload 16 patients covering functional and organic wards
- High Staffing ratio- 4 consultants, 2 SAS and 9Juniors to cover 4 wards
- 2.5 SPAs as standard and potentially more SPA to support opportunities such as Research or leadership evelopment
- Excellent opportunities to develop as an Educator, Medical Manager, Appraiser or an Academic Researcher
- Well established cross trust older adult forum
- Study leave budget of £3k over 3 years or up to £5kover 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
We recognise the demands on our in-patient workforce and staff at Harbour have access to excellent facilitates including a Gym and regular well-being sessions. This post is also offered with a recruitment incentive.*
For an informal discussion or to visit the team, please do not hesitate to contact Dr Mark Worthington, Fylde Coast Medical Director on 01253 955284 or Dr Auday Khalaf,Fylde Coast AMD for Older Adults via email on Auday.Khalaf@lscft.nhs.uk
To apply for the post, please click the apply button and search for reference 351-MED419-AL-G