Up to £160,000 per annum (DoE) + Up to £8,000 relocation support
Are you an ambitious Consultant Psychiatrist looking for a leadership position, new challenges, career development and a competitive salary?
We have an excellent opportunity for a Medical Director / Consultant Psychiatrist to join us at Cygnet Hospital Beckton. The post holder will be the Medical Director for Cygnet Hospital Beckton, our complex mental health service for women, and, the Consultant Psychiatrist for Hooper Ward our 12-bed female Acute service.
This is a full-time position with 0.2 WTE as Medical Director and 0.8 WTE as Hooper Ward Consultant Psychiatrist. We are also happy to consider applications from candidates seeking part-time roles.
In this role, you’ll combine clinical expertise with sound strategic acumen and inspiring leadership to oversee the delivery of the very best care - fully supported by a Specialty Doctor and first-class multidisciplinary team.
Hooper Ward has been a member of the NAPICU (National Association Psychiatric Intensive Care Units), having been consistently benchmarked with the country’s best PICU’s. In February 2020, the service achieved AIMS accreditation 2019-20 and accreditation from the Quality Network for Psychiatric Intensive Care Units (QNPICU) having met 96% of the 155 applicable standards.
- Lead on all aspects of clinical practice and serve as an example of operational excellence
- Take overall responsibility for patient treatment plans in conjunction with the MDT
- Assess referrals and undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Undertake appropriate investigations, diagnosis and treatment
- Participate in ward rounds and clinical audits
- Ensure optimal clinical outcomes for the people in our care
- Provide expert knowledge and support within the service & to the wider team
- Ensure quality and compliance with internal and external standards and regulations
- Work with colleagues to provide integrated, whole person treatment and care
- Coach, mentor and train colleagues
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary up to £160,000 (depending on experience)
- Up to £8,000 relocation support
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays; 5 days study leave
- Study leave and support with CPD opportunities
- CPD programme and peer group
- Opportunities to engage in research, audits, QI and publish it in ‘The Cygnet Journal’
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation and health checks
We are looking for someone who is...
- Fully GMC registered with a relevant medical qualification
- Registered on the specialist register (CCT/CESR), Section 12 and AC Status
- Experienced & knowledgeable in adult psychiatry & mental health diagnosis
- Knowledgeable of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, along with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- An accomplished leader & clinician with strong line management & communication skills
- Experienced within a mental health setting and a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of clinical governance
- Skilled in medical appraisals, clinical supervision, case investigation & case management
- A member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) or equivalent
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Please call Hannah Dunlop (Specialist Recruiter) for an informal conversation on 077 20 497 792 or email a copy of your CV by clicking the apply button: