Join the established multidisciplinary team as an Associate Speciality Doctor at Rhodes Wood Hospital, a specialist CAMHS Eating Disorder service with 3-wards that empowers recovery in a fast-paced, challenging and fun environment for children and young people aged 8-18 years with eating disorders -which offers compressed hours flexibility and a relocation package of £8,000.
Working 37.5 hours a week over 4 or 5 days,you will be a part of a warm and nurturing environment as you work alongside an experienced Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists to provide comprehensive medical support, clinical assessment and review and evaluate young people care and treatment programmes.
With prior experience in working with an MDT in mental health/CAMHS settings from the NHS or private sector, you will oversee physical health, food and fluids and risk management across the ward, which will see you work closely with the ward manager, consultant and wider MDT to support young people build a brighter future.
As an Associate Specialty Doctor, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge as you provide oral evidence at First-Tier Tribunals and Hospital Managers Hearings. You will work with the wider team to prepare documentation for CPA's, Tribunals and ward round ups.
There is an on-call element to this role, which will see you take 1/5 calls to support the consultants.
Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family
- Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
- Participate in teaching, clinical audit, quality assurance programmes and clinical governance
- Perform additional duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances
- Undertakes exceptionally to be available for such irregular commitments outside normal duties as are essential for continuity of patient care.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Full GMC registration
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years experience in Psychiatry
- A minimum of 4 years in the registrar or staff grade and/or speciality doctor grade and/or in the clinical and/or senior clinical medical officer grades, at least 2 of which working within Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- MBBS, MRCP or equivalent medical qualification or equivalent higher psychiatric qualification. Approval (or eligible for approval) under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act
What you will get
- Annual salary of £70,000
- £8,000 relocation package*
- The equivalent of 25 days of annual leave, 8 bank holidays - plus your birthday off.
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
*The relocation package is available for people who are outside of commutable distance and need to relocate to work in this role at Rhodes Wood Hospital. T&Cs apply.
BMJ Ref: BMJ-60477/J265-4201