Maternity Cover GP Vacancy, 4+ sessions per week, for 6-12 months
Closing date 7th Feb 2022
Okehampton Medical Centre is situated in a beautiful location on the edge of Dartmoor and within 25 minutes’ drive from Exeter.
- Multidisciplinary partnership consisting of five GP partners, a nurse partner, pharmacist partner and management partner
- Dispensing PMS practice delivering care to 14,500 patients
- Excellent multidisciplinary team with 5 salaried GPs, 1 retainer GP, plus Physician Associate, Specialist Prescribing Nurses, Advanced Clinical Practitioner, Paramedics, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, First Contact Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Dietician, Social Prescribers, Mental Health Care Coordinator, Practice Nurses, Trainee Nurse Associates, Health Care Assistants, Phlebotomists and dedicated support staff.
- Nurse led Minor Injuries Unit and Long Term Condition Clinics
- Total Triage system operated by multidisciplinary same day team
- Training Practice with GP trainees, medical/nursing and other HCP student placements
- Culture of learning and a commitment to professional development
- Opportunity to be involved with research
- Mentoring scheme with support from a senior GP if appropriate
- Daily coffee breaks for clinical team with regular clinical/business meetings
- Variable pay scale commensurate to workload
- Personal list to provide continuity of care
- Member of North Dartmoor Primary Care Network
- Opportunity for extra “Improved Access” sessions run from the practice paid at locum rates (evenings/weekends)
For further information, to arrange an informal visit or to apply for the position by sending a CV and cover letter, please contact the Management Partner Miss Kiran Bakhshi via the apply click button.