This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
Paediatric Cardiologist (locum position), Starship Child Health, Auckland
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- National service
- Full-time position for fixed term period of 12 months (start date negotiable but ideally commencing March 2022)
Starship Child Health is the leading provider of paediatric care in New Zealand and the South Pacific, providing world-class inpatient, outpatient, trauma, emergency, and urgent care to children and their whānau. Starship is part of the Auckland District Health Board, New Zealand’s largest tertiary healthcare provider.
We are committed to delivering whānau-centred care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whānau (family) as an important member of the care team. We seek to lead New Zealand in paediatric service delivery, in the provision of pre and post-graduate nursing education, and through the building of our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
The Green Lane Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Service (PCCS) is a national service based at Starship Children's Health, Auckland. It is the sole provider of cardiology and cardiac surgical services for infants and children with congenital and acquired heart disease for New Zealand and a number of Pacific Island nations. It also provides a foetal and adult congenital cardiology service.
The unit has a catchment population of five million and provides a full range of investigations and procedures with over 400 surgical cases per year. You would be working in a department with 10 other cardiologists 3 cardiac surgeons, 4 cardiology fellows in training and a well-established multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be qualified as a paediatric cardiologist
- Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a collegial environment
- Demonstrate interest and potential to actively participate in departmental activities including teaching, audit and research
- Be eligible for vocational registration with Medical Council of New Zealand. If you are not currently registered in New Zealand and have overseas medical qualifications, you will be required to provide source verification of your qualifications for your registration application. For more information about the registration process and source verification of qualifications, please visit www.mcnz.org.nz.
Click here to view a copy of the position description.
For more information about the role please contact Professor Tom Gentles via TomG@adhb.govt.nz. To apply, please click on the link below and make an online application attaching your latest CV and cover letter. For help with your online application please contact Honey Pillai, Recruitment Consultant on HPillai@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # ADHB12992.
Closing date is 01 February 2022