Bersted Green Surgery has an exciting new opportunity for a new colleague to join us for 4 to 8 sessions a week in Partnership or Salaried GP capacity. We are a training practice based on the outskirts of Bognor Regis and care for around 13,500 patients.
We currently have 5 GP Partners and 5 Salaried GPs and 3 Paramedic Practitioners and we are looking for a new colleague to join us.
If you would like to hear more about the position or arrange a visit to the surgery please contact us at CWSCCG.BerstedGreen-Bognor@nhs.net.
Main duties of the job
As a GP at our surgery you will work closely with our Nursing, Paramedic, Pharmacist, Administration and Reception teams to deliver high quality care; along with support from PCN colleagues in MSK, Mental Health, Social Prescribing and more.
The practice has high QOF achievement and we pride ourselves on our excellent standards, demonstrated by our CQC performance and Training Practice status. Both newly qualified and longer qualified GPs are welcome into our varied team.
We are a SystmOne practice and utilise Lexicom dictation, as well as AccuRx and eConsult technology. We have seen an increase in telephone and video consultations through COVID and will continue to develop and advertise these services via our new website we are launching soon.
Job description/ Job responsibilities
- Undertaking a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork, reports and correspondence in a timely fashion.
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation.
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems.
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness.
- In consultation with patients and in line with current Practice disease management protocols, developing care plans for health.
- Providing counselling and health education.
- Referring to other care providers as appropriate.
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards.
- Collecting data for audit purposes and complying with QOF requirements.
- Delivering enhanced services.
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions.
- Prescribing in accordance with the Practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
- In general the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
Person Specification/ Qualifications
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- Full registration with GMC
- Certification of Completion of Training (JCPTGP/PMETB)
- Inclusion on Performers List
- Evidence of a commitment to on-going personal & professional development
- Experience of providing primary care in and out of hours
- Experience of audit and improving care for patients
- Understanding the role of medical services in a wider public health agenda
- Knowledge of the demographic characteristics that affect health and health care in the area
- Understanding current NHS policies
- Development of areas of clinical expertise
- Experience of working in primary care in an area with significant health problems
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both written and verbally.
- Good organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Working on own initiative
- IT skills (including word processing and database work) as relevant to General Practice
- Committed to quality and patient satisfaction
- Committed to equal opportunities
- Team worker committed to working as part of a multidisciplinary, multi-agency primary care team
- Openness to explore alternative working practices
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Employer details/ website
Bersted Green Surgery, 32 Durlston Drive, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO22 9TD
http://www.berstedgreensurgery.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)
Please send your CV/ application by clicking the apply button.
Closing date is 31 March 2022.