Duration: 12 month FTC/ Secondment
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is delighted to invite applications to join our hospitals as we look to expand our workforce.
We are looking to recruit to a Physician Associate (PA) role to join our growing team within HHFT to compliment the specialty-based working across the medical division.
As part of a team, you will be supported by the lead PA within the Trust, the Clinical Matrons, the Operational Service Manager and the senior medical team. You will become an integrated and key member of a team delivering high quality care, directly impacting on an improved patient experience and ensuring patient flow.
Main duties of the job
Experienced and newly qualified Physician Associates are encouraged to apply and it is not expected that you will have had experience working in the appointed area of clinical specialty before joining.
As a Physicians Associate you will become involved in the activities of the department, including review of inpatients, outpatients, assessment of acute admissions where they will be required to examine patients, initiate and interpret investigations, recommend treatment, complete necessary documentation and perform clinical procedures.
The Trust is aiming to provide skills training and a development programme for PAs who work at the Trust - this will start with a formal induction. You will be able to attend daily medical teaching, which is dynamic and varies from lecture based teaching to simulation training. You will work closely with the medical consultants, doctors in training and the wider multidisciplinary teams to play their part in providing a comprehensive, evidence based service to all patients.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country.
We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.
For further information about this role please see Job Description document attached.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Training & Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree prior to undertaking PA programme
- PG Dip in Physician Assistant Studies from a recognised UK training programme
- Current and valid certification or re-certification by the Physician Assistant National Examination Board
- Member of UKAPA
- BLS, ILS, ALS
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of evidence-based practice
- Evidence of understanding of the need of the healthcare sector and the patient it serves
Skills & Ability
- Knowledge of medical procedures & terminology
- Ability to exercise sound judgements when faced with conflicting pressures
- Demonstrates knowledge of evidence-informed practice
- Assist in the educational development of Physician Assistant students through student shadowing and/or teaching
- Demonstrate awareness of healthcare research
- Project Management
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
https://www.hampshirehospitals.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)