SALARIED GP (part-time)
£120,000 pa (pro-rata)
North Brink Practice is a large practice with almost 20,500 registered patients. Despite the doom and gloom in primary care at the moment, we are enthusiastic about the future. We believe we have developed a better way of practising in primary care, one that maximises the care we offer our patients, develops our colleagues and gives job satisfaction.
The Practice adopts a team based approach towards the care of our patients; we have fully embraced working with our allied healthcare professionals and administrative colleagues, so that our patients needs are addressed by the most appropriate person and in the most efficient way.
We are looking for a part-time salaried GP:
- An excellent doctor clinically who will use their skills to help patients including those with the most complicated needs
- Forward thinking and innovative, embracing new ways of working and who will work with existing partners and leadership team to shape the practice to meet the needs of our patients
- To supervise our nursing and allied healthcare professionals (pharmacists, physiotherapists/mental health worker etc) who are the first point of contact for the clinical needs of our patients.
- North Brink Practice is a well-organised and highly motivated GMS practice with a list size of 20,500
- 4 Partners, 1 Nurse Practitioner and 1 Community Nurse Practitioner, 2 Assistant Clinical Practitioners, 1 Clinical Pharmacist, 16 nurses, 6 HCAs and supporting administrative team of 30
- Dispensing Practice and in-house 100-hour Pharmacy
- High QOF achiever
- CQC rating: Good (November 2019)
- Wisbech GP Hub provider for Extended Access on behalf of the local Wisbech practices since1 October 2018
- Extended Hours provision two evenings per week
- Collaboration with our local practices as part of the Wisbech Primary Care Network working to improve primary care services throughout the town
- SystmOne clinical system
- Outside leadership, clinical and medical education encouraged
- 6 weeks (full-time equivalent) holiday plus 1 week professional / study leave
- NHS pension scheme
- Immediate start date available
- Part-time: 3 days per week (28.5 hours)
- Excellent remuneration for the right candidate: £91,200 per year (£120,000 fte)
We take particular pride in the development of our nursing and allied healthcare colleagues and have mentored several nurses and pharmacists through their prescribing qualifications. We are currently teaching medical students from the UEA and Cambridge medical schools
Wisbech is an attractive market town in Cambridgeshire situated between Peterborough and Kings Lynn, and close by to Ely and Cambridge with easy access to the North Norfolk coast. House prices are very reasonable and there is a well renowned independent private school in the town.
For further information, please see the attached job description and person specification and our website at www.northbrink.com. For informal enquires call Carol Shailes on 01945 660460
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter via the apply click button. Also please download the attached document for further details regarding this post.
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2022