Are you interested in an exciting job with a unique challenge?
We are looking for salaried, newly-qualified or experienced General Practitioners to join our Primary Care Network to work full or part-time with us at our Moredon and Abbey Meads surgeries based in North Swindon, providing a service to meet the needs of the local population of approximately 30,000.
The PCN operates out of two purpose-built surgeries, both with on-site pharmacies, and two branch surgeries, serving a socio-economic diverse population in the North of Swindon. The current team of GPs, paramedics, nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists and advanced clinical practitioners are led by a clinical director and clinical lead team passionate about improving patient care and delivering high standards of clinical support and education. Support systems with mentoring are in place, which enable us to welcome applications from newly qualified GPs.
To support primary care home visiting, a dedicated home visiting service delivered by Advanced Clinical Practitioners is provided, running collaboratively with community matrons and long term condition specialist support for Diabetes, COPD and Frailty.
The post holder will have access to a wide variety of benefits including:
- Relocation expenses of up to £8,000
- Competitive salary to be discussed on appointment.
- Trust indemnity provided
- Full access to the NHS pension scheme, employer contribution currently equivalent to 20.6% (including 14.38% local employer contribution and Central top up). Candidates can alternatively access a Local Alternative Pension Remuneration Scheme, details available on request.
- Flexibility of hours and clinic times (we will work with candidates to create a timetable), full and part time working available.
- Secondary care advice and teaching sessions available regularly, delivered by our Consultant Colleagues from the Great Western Hospital.
- 32 days’ annual leave rising to 34 days after 7 years in a salaried role (previous experience considered)
- Travel expenses associated with additional work-related travel
- Full access to all benefits that other GWH staff have, including pay during sickness/isolating periods, Maternity/Paternity/Shared parental leave
Interested candidates are encouraged to discuss opportunities with the Clinical Lead, Dr Amit Srivastava firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Community and Primary Care Services, Lorraine Austen, email@example.com.
The full advert and Job Description, can be viewed on www.jobs.nhs.uk by searching for job reference 249-MED9991011A or by request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org