“A fantastic opportunity has arisen due to the expansion of the Anaesthetics Department at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust. The Department has recently been expanded as part of a £1.64M investment in the clinical workforce across the Trust’s Operating Theatres. The investment is one of a wider suite of investments involving the Anaesthetic Department. These include:
- £3,000,000 investment to refurbish the West Wing Theatre Suite, due for completion in 2022.
- £687,000 investment in 31 AISYS CS2 Anaesthetic Machines from General Electric
- £300,000 investment in 28 BeneVision N17 Monitors from Mindray UK
- A new Simulation Suite – supported by the Dunwoodie Group – as part of a £36,000,000 investment in a new Emergency Department, including
Bronchoscopy Simulator for fibre-optic practice from ORSIM
SimMan 3G PLUS fully articulating patient simulator from Lardal Medical
ScanNav Anatomy Peripheral Nerve Block from Intelligent Ultrasound
- £640,000 investment in a new Lead Lined Procedure Room to support image guided injections.
- A state of the art 18-bedded Critical Care Unit that opened in December 2018
- Introduction of MyPreOp by Ultramed to develop the future of preoperative assessment
- Introduction of AI Tools by C2-AI to inform current and future mortality and complication risk for surgical intervention
The Anaesthetic Department has also been central to developments, including:
1. The introduction of a ring-fenced Elective Theatre Suite supported by a ring-fenced post-operative surgical ward, supported by an Enhanced Recovery Unit.
2. Improvements in outcomes for patients as reported by the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre (ICNARC), National Emergency Laparotomy Audit (NELA) and National Hip Fracture Database (NHFD)
We are looking for driven and innovative substantive Consultants to join us. We are able to offer flexibility and opportunities with a subspecialty interest in:
- Obstetric Anaesthesia
- Paediatric Anaesthesia
- Bariatric Anaesthesia
- Enhanced Recovery after Surgery
- Regional Anaesthesia
- Pre-operative assessment
- Simulation and training
- Clinical leadership and clinical governance
We are able to offer additional Programmed Activities to support your subspecialty interests, both in the form of lead roles, governance / audit roles and in supporting research and training. Furthermore, we are working in partnership with Royal Wolverhampton and can offer opportunities for cross-site working.
We have also put in place a bespoke benefit package for Consultant Anaesthetists who want to join the Department and contribute to developing the quality and calibre of Anaesthetic Services across the Trust and the Black Country. The bespoke benefit package includes:
- An Expenses Policy with reimbursement up to £8,000. Work is underway to consider expansion of this allowance for excellent candidates:
- Preliminary visits to look for accommodation
- Subsistence allowance for temporary accommodation before old house sold
- Legal Fees
- Estate Agents Fees
- Surveyor’s Fees
- Removal of Furniture and Effects
- Excess Rent Costs
- Storage of Furniture
- Bridging Loans
- Refitting Carpets/Curtains
- Plumbing of Washing Machine/Dishwasher
- Travelling Expense
- Advance of Salary
- An increase in education costs from £800 to £5,000 per year in their first two years of employment to support embedding their clinical practice within the NHS and improving their knowledge & skills
- Payment for Royal College of Anaesthesia registration for the first two years of employment, at a total cost of £1,000
- Two full day training sessions in Regional Acute Paediatric Training (RAPT) during the first two years of employment, at a total cost of £900.
- Funding for four courses on the Royal College of Anaesthesia’s “Diary of Courses and Events accredited for CPD” during the first two years of employment
- Funding of up to £10,000 to support the completion of a MBA (University of Birmingham), MSc in Healthcare Leadership (University of Birmingham) or NHS Leadership Academy Programmes (e.g. Edward Jenner, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, Aneurin Bevin)
If you would like to take advantage of the opportunity to join our expanding service and dynamic, forward thinking department as well as the attractive benefits that the Trust has on offer then look no further!
Informal Contact Details: Clinical Director, Aditya Kuravi at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the apply button quoting job reference: 407-SURGERY-3729453-A
Closing date: 11th February 2022. Interview date: 17th March 2022