Head of Resident Doctors
At HCA UK, we have an exciting opportunity suitable to Senior SPR level Doctors, or Junior Consultants, an alternative strategic managerial position, to be a Head of Resident Doctors.
- Full Time. Monday to Friday,
- 40 hours per week, occasional weekend and completion of ad-hoc clinical shifts, is a requirement..
- Permanent Contract. Salary £85000-95000 depending on experience. Private medical healthcare insurance, contributory private pension, 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and 5 days paid study leave per annum.
- Plus; Fully Funded Masters Degree in Medical Leadership at City University in association with Bayes Business School.
- Locations; HCA Healthcare UK Corporate Head office and London Bridge, London. There is also some opportunity to work from home remotely.
- Direct Reporting Line Director of Resident Services.
The leadership role will have both site-based lead and speciality lead responsibilities. This particular role is site lead for London Bridge Hospital and managing Resident Doctors across the group. Either in the General Surgery, Cardiology or Intensive Care Medicine service line. ** Service line dependent upon successful candidate’s specialty training background.
Summary of Duties; Head of Resident Doctors
- The successful candidate, a natural people manager, will work in partnership with our hospital's leadership teams concerning the General Surgery and Cardiology Service, or Intensive Care Medicine. Forming a close working relationship with Chief Medical Advisors, Lead Consultants, Chief Nursing Officers and those who work closely with Resident Doctors onsite.
- This will include responsibility for workforce planning to the required patient to doctor ratios. Managing rotas ensuring staffing levels are responsive to changes in patient census and patient needs. Pro- actively recruiting for permanent rota positions, and increasing the in-house bank to ensure our resident doctors are highly skilled and competent.
- This will also include budget management, overseeing mandatory training, career performance conversations and dealing with any clinical incidents or employee relations matters, should they arise.
- A significant part of this unique leadership position, as a specialist doctor, you will play an active role of the senior management teams to ensure the Resident Doctor population are deliver high-quality care. You will consistently strive for excellence at all times, providing guidance and support on potential new ways of working, improving efficiencies, Quality Improvement Projects or Increasing Patient Satisfaction opportunities. Audits, research and vast scope of standardising high-quality medical practices.
Criteria for successful applicants.
- Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- 5 years' Doctors medical training and relevant Royal College Membership
- Expert medical knowledge in General Surgery and Cardiology or Adult Intensive Care Medicine.
- Experience required: Planning a clinical workforce, making provisions for clinical education. Supervising or training trainee doctors. Managing a diverse workforce and associated employee matters.
- Service line management and department budget line experience desirable.