Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care and Paediatric Critical Care Transport
Applications are invited for whole-time or part-time Consultants in Paediatric Intensive Care and paediatric critical care transport.
We would like to appoint a substantive consultant to our friendly and dynamic team. You will enhance the current establishment of NHS and academic staff in the Paediatric Intensive Care and ECMO service in Leicester, based in the Women & Children’s Directorate on the Leicester Royal Infirmary site, and Paediatric Critical Care Transport with CoMET, the East Midlands dynamic transport service.
Whether you are a new consultant or already established and looking for a new challenge, we can offer:
- Experience working in a medium sized cardiac surgical programme, that undertakes a full range of procedures, and where you will be part of a friendly, collaborative team of surgeons, cardiologists, and allied health care professionals based in a new facility opened in August 2021, the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Children's Intensive Care Unit.
- Participation in the HeartLink ECMO Service, the largest UK ECMO service providing respiratory and cardiac support to the sickest children, including the UK Mobile ECMO resource.
- General Paediatric Intensive Care in our nine bedded CICU and adjacent six bedded HDU.
- The challenge of planning and further development of our new Children’s Hospital at the Leicester Royal Infirmary, which will bring all children’s services on to one site, including a new PICU and supporting HDU.
- Involvement in CoMET, the East Midlands paediatric transport team, hosted by UHL and operating from two clinical bases, one in Nottingham and one in Leicester.
Subject to discussion and the preferences of the successful applicant, approximately one third of clinical time will be spent covering critical care transport, and two thirds covering either General (Medical and Surgical), Cardiac or ECMO patients. On call cover is approximately 1:5. Where applicable, sessions in a base specialty can normally be arranged as part of the job plan.
Applicants must already be on the GMC specialist register or within 6 months of the interview date have a certificate of completion of specialist training. Experience in paediatric critical care transport, and the post-operative care of paediatric cardiac patients is essential, and experience in ECMO would be an advantage.
You will be expected to participate in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and clinical audit. You will be required to undertake management duties and work in a multidisciplinary team. The University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust consists of three acute teaching hospitals serving the population of Leicestershire. It is fully committed to Continuing Medical Education for consultants.
For further details/informal visits, please contact:
Hilliary Killer, Service Manager, Children's Emergency Medical Transport Service (CoMET), at Hilliary.email@example.com, or on 0300 303 1573.
To apply for this role, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 9 November 2021.