We are looking for a consultant in Rheumatology to expand our Rheumatology service.
10 PAs (although consultants wishing to work LTFT / job share are encouraged to apply) Applicants should have a CCT in Rheumatology or be within 6-months of achieving this at the time of application
Main duties of the job
At present the Department consists of 2 full time Rheumatologists / General Physicians and 2 pure Rheumatologists. We have a GPSI, three rheumatology specialist nurses (who prescribe and perform intra-articular injections), specialist biologic pharmacist and biologics coordinator A special interest will be encouraged.
We work very closely with four consultant MSK radiologists and have full access to diagnostic ultrasound and image guided injection. There is a fibromyalgia service based within the physiotherapy department at Frimley Park Hospital, working jointly with the clinical psychology department. We have access to specialised occupational and physiotherapy services.
Frimley Park Hospital was the first Trust in England to be rated outstanding by the Care Quality Commission. The Trust acquired Heatherwood and Wexham Park Hospitals in 2014. The Trust is currently implementing the Epic IT system. The Trust was rated outstanding again in 2019.
The department has a track record of regular publication, with abstracts, letters or papers every year for the last 15 years. We have close regional collaboration in audit, several of which have been published.
A full Job description and Person specification is attached to the advert on NHS Jobs, please click Apply to view. Please read carefully before applying, and ensure you give examples, to demonstrate, how you meet the essential criteria for the post.
- Delivery of outpatient rheumatological care, including proficiency in joint injection
- Rheumatology clinics and general medical clinics
- Participation in unselected medical take and delivery of care to acute medical inpatients
- Evidence of ability to make decisions at the level of a consultant and to lead a team of trainees
- Extended sub-specialist training
- At least 1-year of training in a specialist (e.g. vasculitis) unit
- Must be able to function as a specialty consultant and lead a team of junior trainees
- Ability to organise and manage a clinical service
- Evidence of ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of teaching medical students and junior trainees
- Leadership of professional bodies or committees
- Evidence of written communication in publications
- Post-graduate qualification in medical education
- MRCP (UK)
- CCT / CESR in Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine (or within 6 months of achieving at the time of application)
- MD/PhD Other post-graduate degree