CESR Program Trainee in Emergency Medicine (ST4+)
CESR program trainee in Emergency Medicine (ST4+)
Love Emergency Medicine and aspire to achieve CCT but not within the formal training routes? Want to be supported through the whole CESR process whilst working in a dynamic, exciting and supportive Emergency Department? This could be the role for you!
We are offering a select number of specific Emergency Medicine CESR training posts to driven and enthusiastic Emergency Physicians who wish to work towards achieving consultancy in Emergency Medicine. These posts are specifically designed to support the successful applicant through the whole of the CESR process, including:
- All required secondments arranged, including 6 months in a tertiary paediatric Emergency Department and Major trauma Centre
- Monthly bespoke training for CESR clinicians run across 3 hospitals in Bristol, specifically tailored to the Emergency Medicine higher specialty curriculum
- Educational supervisor support to help with management portfolio, curriculum coverage and CCT application preparation
- Study leave allowance and study budget
- Opportunities to attend and participate in high quality local departmental teaching, governance and audit/quality improvement
- Support from a helpful consultant body who are fully engaged in the CESR process
- Assistance with FRCEM exam preparation
- Working within a trust that has engaged in the support of non-training doctors achieving CESR competencies
- Flexible rota planning
You will be joining a forward thinking Trust, recently awarded outstanding by the CQC for 2 years in a row, based in the heart of Bristol - a city that has been rated in the top 3 best places to live and work in the UK!
This post provides an ideal opportunity for the successful candidates to develop their portfolio and experience in Emergency Medicine whilst at the same time working in busy inner city university hospitals.
The posts are offered as fixed term contracts with annual review. Educational support, computer and office facilities will be provided to the successful candidate, including a study budget.
Applicants should hold a relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCEM, MRCP, MRCS, FRCA or equivalent), and should be ST4 + or equivalent, having completed a minimum of 3 years in approved SHO posts (Post Foundation Medicine) or equivalent in relevant acute specialities including at least 1 year in Emergency Medicine.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Dr Duncan Courtney
Email address: Duncan.Courtney@UHBristol.nhs.uk
Name: Elizabeth Martin
Email address: Elizabeth.Martin2@UHBristol.nhs.uk
or their Secretary Emily Morgan on 0117 342 1499 /97
Alternatively, please click the apply button to apply.