Works Doctor – Occupational Health Physician
An exciting development opportunity has arisen within Tata Steel for a doctor with evidence of achievement of core medical competencies at CT2 level in an educationally approved speciality.
The Tata group are World leaders in sustainable steel manufacture whose core values are integrity, trusteeship, respect for individuals, credibility and excellence. Tata were founded on the principle that their activities should always benefit society.
As the Works Doctor, your role will involve developing a sustainable medical workforce within a supportive and friendly multi-disciplinary Occupational Health team.
In this capacity, your key roles and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- occupational health assessments
- Management referrals - statutory and client specific
- Disability and fitness to work assessments
- On site physician visits: Environmental, occupational hazard and hygiene issues related to work
- Management of issues related to sickness and health surveillance
- Supporting SEQHOS accreditation
- Clinical supervision of colleagues,
- Quality Improvement projects and research,
- CPD, appraisal and revalidation
To be considered for the opportunity you will be a doctor with evidence of achievement of core medical competencies at CT2 level in an educationally approved speciality. Previous Occupational health or medico-legal experience desirable but not essential.
We are looking for somebody who has effective leadership and organisational skills, who works well with colleagues as part of a wider team. Excellent communication and consultation skills will be paramount to your success, as would good time management, decision making and clinical care.
Many of the team work flexibly in different ways including part time, the successful applicant is preferred to work 2 or 3 days a week usually from 8 am until 4 pm from our site in Port Talbot but could cover other smaller satellite sites within the UK.
The post is not educationally approved for training but there is a senior clinician with an interest in training to support the successful applicant with application for the certificate of eligibility for specialist recognition (CESR). The following personal development plan is suggested:
- e- portfolio affiliate membership with www.fom.ac.uk
- certificate of competence HAVS
- Diploma Occ Med
- MFOM dissertation
- WBPA – 6 CBDs, 6 mini-cex and 6 DOPS annually
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
- A market competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 35 days holidays per annum
- Company Car Scheme
- Annual Bonus Scheme – subject to business performance
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
- Professional fees paid
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top 10 steel producers. The combined group has an annual aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 33 million tonnes with approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
To apply for this exciting role, please click the apply button.