Senior Clinical Fellow in Trauma & Orthopaedics
This post is full time based at Lister Hospital in Stevenage and the post holder will be expected to participate on a 1:14 shift rota, the post is available from the beginning of October 2021 and is available for 12 months for reason of covering a secondment.
This is an excellent opportunity within the Trauma and Orthopaedic department at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust. The Clinical Fellow will have opportunities to further their surgical knowledge through exposure to clinics, operating lists (elective and emergency), ward rounds, multidisciplinary team meetings and formal teaching. The post holder will be encouraged to participate in audits, presentations and teachings. Although, the posts are not recognised for training the appointee will be encouraged in their training and development within the role.
We have received excellent feedback from our previous Clinical Fellows, many of whom have gone into Specialty training or higher level clinical fellow posts.
Main duties of the job
The appointee will join the Orthopaedic team at middle grade level, working between 14 Orthopaedic consultants. The rota is a 1 in 14 shift system. Opportunities will be available for the appointee to develop skills in a sub-specialist area if desired. Duties, working patterns and timetables will be equivalent to those expected of the training grade registrars.
East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust is a very special organisation. Our teams are amazing, and this has been demonstrated even more so during the unprecedented challenge brought by the Covid-19 pandemic. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITALS
Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- provides a full range of outpatient, inpatient, emergency, maternity and diagnostic services
- have a designated trauma centre
- provides a 24/7 heart attack service
- have the biggest renal dialysis service in the region
- We have a hyper acute stroke unit which has been established for over 5 years,
- is the only robotic urology surgery training organisation in the country
Managing orthopaedic patients throughout their hospital stay Supervising Foundation doctors Helping run the orthopaedic service
Fitness to Practice
- Evidences engagement with appraisal and revalidation
- Demonstrate understanding of basic principles of audit, evidence based practice and clinical quality improvement initiatives
Clinical Expertise in Speciality/Sub-speciality
- Experience of working in Trauma and Orthopaedics
- NHS experience
- College Membership (FRCS) or qualification of an equivalent level
- Postgraduate academic degree
- College Fellowship
- Additional qualification such as BSc, MD
- APLS/ ALS/ATLS certification or equivalent
- Hold a current licence to practice from the General Medical Council