The Trust provides a comprehensive Rheumatology service in Gloucestershire. The services are currently led by five consultants who are employed by Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and provide outpatient clinics at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital and Cheltenham General Hospital, with outreach clinics held in Tewkesbury, Stroud, Dursley, Bourton-on-the-Water, Moreton-in-Marsh, Lydney and The Dilke Hospital. A further rheumatologist is employed by Great Western Hospitals NHS Trust and provides outpatient clinics on behalf of Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust at Cirencester Hospital.
Main duties of the job
As a senior employee of the Trust the post-holder will work in close co-operation with, and support other clinical, medical professional and managerial colleagues in providing high quality healthcare to the Trusts patients.
Integral to the responsibilities of the post are the following requirements:-
- To ensure the provision of a first class clinical service
- To provide effective leadership to all staff engaged in the specialty
- To sustain and develop teaching and research wherever appropriate
- To undertake all work in accordance with the Trusts procedures and operating policies
- To conduct clinical practice in accordance with contractual requirements and within the parameters of the Trusts and Divisions service plans
- To maintain the confidence of business plans and development strategies formulated for the specialty, the Medical Division or the Trust
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest providers of secondary care services in the UK. We provide a full range of acute, subacute and chronic disease management services. We are closely integrated with our colleagues in Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust and primary care.
Brief description is mentioned above. For detailed job description and main responsibilities, please click Apply to view the advert on NHS Jobs, where you cn see the attached Job Description & Personal Specification document.
- Full General Medical Council registration and a licence to practise
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT/CCST in Rheumatology
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients.
- Experience in devising, conducting and applying audit results
- Willing and able to work with colleagues in management, nursing and other specialities to ensure the delivery of a high quality, safe and reliable service
- Must have an interest in teaching all grades of hospital and professional staff