Senior Clinical Fellow in Emergency Medicine 80:20 Research Fellow
Senior Clinical Fellow in Emergency Medicine (ST4+) - 80:20 Research
Love Emergency Medicine but wish you could combine it with your specialist interest? Want to broaden your interests in a non-clinical area without losing too much training time? Can you help us strive for clinical excellence?
If your interest lies in research, you will:
- Join an internationally recognised interdisciplinary research team
- Be presented with opportunities to get involved in research across the Emergency Care portfolio including pre-hospital care, resuscitation, workforce, paediatrics and dementia
- Be able to contribute to literature searching, patient recruitment, data collection and analysis
- The opportunity to present a poster at a national conference
- Enhance and broaden your experience and CV.
The senior clinical fellow posts include 80% time working in the adult emergency department and 20% paid time to develop in a specialist interest of the successful candidate's choice. The posts are open as OOPT/E for EM HSTs and as stand-alone posts for non-trainees, and can be 100% EM if required. We are also open to SAS and Specialty Doctors if that suits.
You will be joining a forward thinking Trust, recently awarded outstanding by the CQC for 2 years in a row, based in the heart of Bristol - a city that has been rated in the top 3 best places to live and work in the UK!
The posts provide an ideal opportunity for the successful candidates to develop their own specialist interests while working in a busy inner city university hospital, with teaching and research responsibilities and are based in the adult side of the department, serving the Bristol Royal Infirmary (BRI).
Ongoing recruitment cycles and flexible start dates
Applicants should hold a relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCEM, MRCP, MRCS, FRCA or equivalent), and should be ST4 + or equivalent, having completed a minimum of 3 years in approved SHO posts (Post Foundation Medicine) or equivalent in relevant acute specialities including at least 1 year in Emergency Medicine.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Alternatively to apply, please click the apply button.