Senior Clinical Fellow in Emergency Medicine 80:20 Maritime Medicine
Emergency Department 80:20% Clinical Fellow Post - Maritime Medicine
Bristol Royal Infirmary Emergency Department offers Junior and Senior Simulation based clinical fellow jobs, 80% time working in the Adult ED and 20% Maritime Medicine
Medical Registrar to 'Pelican'.
Requires an enthusiastic doctor who has emergency medicine / GP background preferably with remote / far from help experience to act as the 'lead' doctor to Pelican.
Pelican is a tall ship that is owned and run by a Charity that provides personal development experienced for students and adults via a varied programme of expeditions across the globe.
They do sailing expeditions with young people throughout the year - they do a six month winter trans Atlantic passage that is split into 4 x month long segments.
They also run a summer programme of 7-10 day trips around the UK / Northern Europe with various groups of young people.
Huge teaching, mentorship and leadership opportunity as well as the opportunity to become a more competent sailor.
Role will involve:
- Managing the rota of SHO level clinical fellows who will provide the majority of the medical support to the crew
- Opportunity to undertake passages on Pelican as the crew doctor
- Managing the medical supplies on board
- Identifying the crew requirements for medical training and facilitating delivery
- Writing SOPs for specific medical scenarios if identified
- Facilitating medical training exercises with RNLI / SAR
All above will be supported by Consultant overseeing the expedition medicine clinical fellow programme
For further details / informal visits contact:
Alternatively to apply, please click the apply button.