Consultant Psychiatrist - CAMHS Eating Disorder - 7PAs
The SWL St George’s Eating Disorders Service has a national and international reputation as a centre of excellence in treatment of eating disorders.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a consultant psychiatrist to join the Children and Young Persons Community Eating Disorders Service (CYP-CEDS), the specialist community eating disorder service for children and young people aged up to 18y.
The team is highly specialist, with a particular focus on evidence-based NICE-concordant treatment, and collaborative working with service users, families and partner agencies. The service has been cited as a centre of excellence in the integration of physical and mental health care through integrated pathways and joint working with the St George’s Hospital paediatric service, with the joint model of brief paediatric medical stabilisation for young people with Anorexia Nervosa, and lately, presentations of other eating concerns to the acute hospital during Covid-19, being widely disseminated. Staff members have been involved in published research into evidence-based parents’ groups, inpatient treatment, liaison psychiatry, and feeding and eating disorders.
Together with Wisteria ward (the inpatient service), the paediatric service at St George’s Hospital, and the day patient service at the Maudsley Hospital as part of the South London Partnership provider collaborative, one of the most comprehensive pathways of care has been developed for young people with eating disorders.
This is a new post created from further investment in the service to meet increased demand and an expanded service offer to national commissioning standards. The role will be based in Springfield University Hospital and will be for 7PAs.
Prior experience of working in eating disorder services would be beneficial, but applications would equally be considered from candidates without such prior experience. If successful, they will be mentored in post to fulfil the role.
The key duties of the postholder will be:
- Medical leadership within the team, together with the clinical lead
- Direct assessments and leading a multi-disciplinary (MDT) mini-team assessment clinic to provide in depth-assessments, including supporting the assessing team with case formulation and treatment planning, and running of the assessments
- Psychiatric, medication, and complex case reviews with case managers
- Participation in clinical governance, including leadership in one or more streams of compliance with QNCC-ED standards
- To contribute to senior cover for urgent consultation and management of medical and psychiatric emergencies, and to cross-cover with consultant colleagues in CYP-CEDS and Wisteria Ward for annual / study / sick leave
- Working jointly with paediatric and inpatient eating disorder services to ensure effective care pathways for severely medically unwell patients. This includes responsibility for the psychiatric care of patients under the service on paediatric wards
- Involvement in ongoing development and delivery of an expanded service offer, as led by the clinical and professional leads
The post-holder will be responsible to the CAMHS Associate Clinical Director, SW London St George’s Mental Health Trust.
About the location:
Our Trust headquarters is located within the impressive grounds of Springfield University Hospital in Tooting. This is easily accessible via the Northern Line (Tooting Bec Station) and via private transport. The Trust provides subsidised parking fares for all our substantive staff. Our main site is located immediately next to Tooting High Street where staff can easily access a range of shops, cafés, restaurants etc.
We offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing Date: midnight (23:59) Tuesday 12th October 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 13th October 2021
Assessment Centre: Monday 25th October 2021 (remotely via MS Teams)
AAC / Interview date: Tuesday 26th October 2021 (remotely via MS Teams)
Job Ref: 294-MEDI-0134
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Joel Khor, Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, Clinical Lead Children and Young Persons Community Eating Disorders Service (CYP-CEDS)