Consultant Stroke Physician
Title - Consultant Physician in Stroke Medicine
Location - Based at James Paget University Hospital
New or Replacement Post - Replacement post
Accountable to - Assistant Medical Director (Emergency Division)
Principle Job Purpose
To provide Stroke Services in conjunction with colleagues for the Trust.
1. Provide consultant care to inpatients admitted to the stroke team, and supervise junior doctors involved in the care of these patients
2. Together with the other stroke consultants, provide thrombolysis assessment in working hours including assessment for mechanical thrombectomy where appropriate.
3. Provide weekend hyperacute stroke specialist ward rounds on a rota basis on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
4. Liaise with medical staff in other specialities and participate in the regular clinical meetings and other post-graduate activities of the hospital.
5. Maintain and develop team working practices involving other medical staff, nursing staff and allied health professionals.
6. Take part in the Royal College of Physicians continuing medical education programme. The Trust will provide study leave expenses in line with national terms and conditions of service.
7. Play a full part in the teaching and audit activities of the department, including the Stroke Sentinel National Audit Programme (SSNAP)