Consultant Psychiatrist - Wandsworth LD Healthcare Team -10 PAs
Consultant Psychiatrist in Intellectual Disabilities, Wandsworth Learning Disability Healthcare Team
Starting salary will reflect level of consultant experience
Are you a Psychiatrist who is dedicated and passionate about Learning Disability Services? Do you want to be part of a dynamic and innovative Community Learning Disability Service?
Following the departure of a long-standing member of the team, SWLSTG are currently looking to appoint a Consultant Psychiatrist in Intellectual Disabilities for the Wandsworth Learning Disability Healthcare Team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a psychiatrist in intellectual disabilities to join an established community mental health learning disability team in Wandsworth. The post holder will demonstrate a commitment to clinical excellence and an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team, in order to provide medical leadership to the team. This is a varied role and will include working across the health and wellbeing as well as the mental health and complex behaviour support pathways.
The Key roles and responsibilities of the post include:
- To provide medical leadership to the team and lead on the assessment and management of adults with intellectual disabilities in the London Borough of Wandsworth referred to the team, along with one other consultant colleague
- To assess and review patients referred to the service via outpatient clinics, virtual appointments and home visits
- Individual and joint working with members of the MDT which include Community nurses trained in intellectual disabilities and/or mental health, psychologists, physiotherapists, dieticians, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and recovery support workers to offer support and advice about multidisciplinary management plans.
- There is an opportunity to provide clinical supervision to a psychiatric trainee (ST4-ST6).
- To participate in weekly academic programmes.
- Support for emergencies during the day, including Mental Health Act assessments if required.
- To liaise with other services and agencies as required including GPs, Social Services and other non-NHS organisations wherever applicable.
- To provide medical leadership and senior clinical support to the multi-disciplinary team.
- To undertake more complex capacity assessments and apply the Mental Capacity and Mental Health Act appropriately.
- To deliver pharmacological treatment in accordance with NICE guidance and STOMP.
- To actively participate in research projects with the Trust Clinical Research Unit and be available to be a PI.
- To support managerial priorities and tasks of the Trust
- The post holder will be expected to contribute to the strategic development and implementation of the service line
- Administration, audit and training
- Attendance at Continuing Professional Development meetings and mandatory training events.
- Contribute on a regular basis to the medical and clinical audit processes and Clinical Governance activities undertaken within the Trust and in line with professional regulations, taking leadership for at least one audit annually
The Trust runs a mentoring scheme for newly appointed consultants and acting up SAS doctors. There are 10 consultants offering mentoring relationships, up to 3 mentees per consultant, for up to 3 years per mentee. This a great opportunity for both new and existing consultants. This scheme provides valuable knowledge, training and support whilst you are undertaking your role.
We also offer a number of excellent staff benefits and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, we support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Subsidised car parking - You can park at any of our sites at a reduced rate of £20/month.
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Eye examinations
- Looking after your health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
- Free gym membership
Closing Date: Midnight, Tuesday 12th October 2021
Shortlisting: Wednesday 13th October 2021
Assessment day: Monday 1st November 2021 (remotely via MS Teams)
Interview date: Tuesday 2nd November 2021 (remotely via MS Teams)
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr Oyepeju Raji, Associate Clinical Director NDDS
Oyepeju.Raji@swlstg.nhs.uk / 07525 903046
Ms Emma Clark, Clinical Manager NDDS