An amazing opportunity has arisen for the right person to join our Trust within Medicine for Older People. If you feel inspired and motivated by our Job description and representation of our Trust and feel that you may be the person we are looking for then please feel free to apply and allow us the opportunity to read your application and invite you to a interview with our team. Our in-patent services are run across 3 sites by a dynamic team who are responsive and proactive to our speciality requirements. You will be employed by NWAFT and join our existing team of 8 Consultants who currently work across the three hospitals in the trust.
Main duties of the job
• Maintenance and development of Medicine for Older People services within the Trust to the highest standard.
• To share with multidisciplinary colleagues the responsibility of delivering high quality care in Geriatric Medicine in community and inpatient settings.
• Teaching and training of junior staff, medical students, nurses and other professionals allied to medicine.
• To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
• To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME) and commitment to revalidation.
Please refer to the JD for more information.